457 change of employer query

Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:58 am
cmh
Just Joined

cmh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 change of employer query

Can anyone advise me please. I was made redundant late Feb on 457. I am hoping to get a new offer tomorrow, can I work for the new employer whilst the 457 application is pending? thanks!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 change of employer query

Originally Posted by cmh
Can anyone advise me please. I was made redundant late Feb on 457. I am hoping to get a new offer tomorrow, can I work for the new employer whilst the 457 application is pending? thanks!
It looks like as long as they have nominated you and that nomination has been approved you are okay - look at page 47 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books9.pdf
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:45 am
cmh
Just Joined

cmh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 457 change of employer query

thanks for the reply, I needed some good news, now I've just got to crack the interview tomorrow!
Great site
thanks again
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmh
thanks for the reply, I needed some good news, now I've just got to crack the interview tomorrow!
Great site
thanks again
Good luck for the interview
Old Apr 9th 2014, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmh
You cannot work for a new employer while their SBS approval/ visa nomination is pending. You must wait until the visa nomination has been approved and your visa sponsorship has been transferred to the new employer.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Didn't you only have 30 days to find a new employer if on a 457 visa?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Didn't you only have 30 days to find a new employer if on a 457 visa?
It was changed a little while ago to 90 days
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Damn!! We only had 30 days when made redundant in 2012 and everyone had to go home..
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:16 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Damn!! We only had 30 days when made redundant in 2012 and everyone had to go home..
... But along with the new rules, it's much harder to get 457 as they now have to prove they can't employ an Aussie to do the job etc etc