309 Partner visa help please

Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Pete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 309 Partner visa help please

Hi have completed the form 47sp online for myself the applicant and believe my wife the sponsor needs to complete a 40sp if I have understood right - does anybody know if I have to submit my applicant form before she submits her sponsor form? Looked and looked at the government website and I can not see an instruction either way. Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2015, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 309 Partner visa help please

As soon as you have submitted your form 47sp and submitted the payment, new options become available on your immiaccount. You will be able to start uploading documents and your wife will be able to submit her 40sp.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Pete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond reputePete39 has a reputation beyond repute

I see that makes more sense. Thank you. Can I also ask if you happen to know, there is a page about taking the health check Before my application is submitted but it says don't take it if the visa applying for is the 100 (2nd stage of the spouse visa) but it doesn't say not to do the health check for the 309 visa - confusing. Any ideas?
Old Sep 14th 2015, 10:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete39
I see that makes more sense. Thank you. Can I also ask if you happen to know, there is a page about taking the health check Before my application is submitted but it says don't take it if the visa applying for is the 100 (2nd stage of the spouse visa) but it doesn't say not to do the health check for the 309 visa - confusing. Any ideas?
Personally I would say don't do it until your CO requests it. Assuming yu are applying in the UK, processing time is currently 10-12 months. The medical and plice check ionly have a 'life' of 12 mnths and must be valid when you enter Australia, so if you do them too early you risk having to do them again.
Waiting until they are requested is a better option
Old Sep 20th 2015, 10:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your CO will request that you complete your health and police checks four months after the date you lodged your application online presuming you applied from the UK. Doing them any sooner won't speed up your processing times.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I guess you have gone through this process so can I ask, when you get assigned this Course can you actually converse with them by email if need be or is it all sort of automated replies?
Old Sep 21st 2015, 6:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. I guess you have gone through this process so can I ask, when you get assigned this Course can you actually converse with them by email if need be or is it all sort of automated replies?
Yes and no. There is an email address which you will be contacted through and you can reply to although it can be a one street as case officers have now been instructed as a general rule not to answer clients' questions via email as those type of queries should be going through the European Service Centre. The ESC can be contacted by email or phone and the information officer can send a referral to your case officer for them to act on if necessary. It's all designed to maximise the time case officers spend on processing applications rather than fielding questions from clients.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks once again but can I now ask you something else? I have submitted my online application and uploaded evidence, does my wife continue with her sponsor application on her immi account or do I create a new application under the immi account that I uploaded my application to?
Old Sep 24th 2015, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again but can I now ask you something else? I have submitted my online application and uploaded evidence, does my wife continue with her sponsor application on her immi account or do I create a new application under the immi account that I uploaded my application to?
Speaking personally, my other half used my immiaccount but the application was VERY fussy about having the correct reference number put in for my application.

I would say that as long as the system allows your wife's account to reference your application then she'll be fine to carry on. It's such a long bloody form that starting again ought to be looked upon as a last resort!
Old Sep 25th 2015, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your kind help.
Old Sep 26th 2015, 6:43 pm

Your wife can use her own ImmiAccount but she will need to have your TRN to do so.