Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

309/100 Partner Visa approved in 2 months (London Embassy)

309/100 Partner Visa approved in 2 months (London Embassy)

Old Jan 17th 2018, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 309/100 Partner Visa approved in 2 months (London Embassy)

Received the email today to confirm my 309/100 defacto partner visa has been approved

Applied on 6 November 2017.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my posts on here with helpful and thorough answers to all of my application questions.

I met my Australia partner in Fiji back in February 2014 and she moved to Scotland so we could be together a couple months after on a UK ancestry visa. She's been living here since and with us being together over 3 years, I have fortunately gone straight to a permanent residency (100) visa.

From the research I did, I think my application was quite thorough and if anyone has any questions I'm happy to give my experience where possible.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 309/100 Partner Visa approved in 2 months (London Embassy)

Good one! Well done. Far more sensible than going over on a tourist visa and then applying onshore and languishing in bridging-visa land for months!

Has your partner got eligibility for U.K. citizenship? Because it’d be a wise move to get it before you leave as getting back into U.K. can be a tad more difficult and you never know if/when they’re going to cut the ancestry visa.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! My partner had a 5 year UK ancestry visa after which she could have applied for indefinite leave to remain, but she has returned to Australia now as wanted to start a nursing degree. I guess if we want to come back to the UK after a few years we'll cross that bridge should we come to it, and perhaps we'll be married so who knows!

I'm not entirely sure what our options will be for her UK visa should that happen, but I'm hoping it's doable.

Last edited by keiller84; Jan 17th 2018 at 6:30 pm. Reason: Adding extra information
Old Jan 17th 2018, 9:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keiller84
Thanks! My partner had a 5 year UK ancestry visa after which she could have applied for indefinite leave to remain, but she has returned to Australia now as wanted to start a nursing degree. I guess if we want to come back to the UK after a few years we'll cross that bridge should we come to it, and perhaps we'll be married so who knows!

I'm not entirely sure what our options will be for her UK visa should that happen, but I'm hoping it's doable.
Congrats on the Aussie visa.

Re the UK visa -its not easy, need to meet pretty tough financial requirements, that often mean the UK partner returning first and working for several months. Makes the Aussie Spouse Visa look easy
Old Jan 17th 2018, 9:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Congrats on the Aussie visa.

Re the UK visa -its not easy, need to meet pretty tough financial requirements, that often mean the UK partner returning first and working for several months. Makes the Aussie Spouse Visa look easy
The suggestion was made it would be better to hang on but at least the UK Ancestry visa provides a relatively simple route back.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Foxmama is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news! I'm just starting my app so may need to call on you for your advice!
Old Feb 14th 2018, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

peckhamtogeelong is an unknown quantity at this point

From the research I did, I think my application was quite thorough and if anyone has any questions I'm happy to give my experience where possible

Hello - I am probably about to apply for a 309/100. My husband of 13 years is a Kiwi, who it looks like is an eligible NZ Citzen which means he can sponsor me. I was going to go down the 457 working visa route because the Partner Visa seemed to take so long and was much more expensive. However the new 457 is quite uncertain. And from what you say the 309/100 can be processed very quickly. How much information did you give to support the relationship. Presumably, having 12 years of joint account/bills/joint mortgage/insurance/wills/3 kids will be plenty? Did you also send in photos/invitations etc. How much do they need? How much is too much.
Also, I think you said your partner was living with you in UK. So for a partner to sponsor their partner is it right that they don't need to be living in Australia at the time of application?
Any other tips you send my way would be hugely appreciated!
Thank you
Old Aug 9th 2018, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Cynthia40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: 309/100 Partner Visa approved in 2 months (London Embassy)

Originally Posted by keiller84
Received the email today to confirm my 309/100 defacto partner visa has been approved

Applied on 6 November 2017.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my posts on here with helpful and thorough answers to all of my application questions.

I met my Australia partner in Fiji back in February 2014 and she moved to Scotland so we could be together a couple months after on a UK ancestry visa. She's been living here since and with us being together over 3 years, I have fortunately gone straight to a permanent residency (100) visa.

From the research I did, I think my application was quite thorough and if anyone has any questions I'm happy to give my experience where possible.
Hi hope you can help,
I have applied for the same visa as above on the 6th of June 2018 and nothing yet plus no one in the UK for advice

I want to o to Australia in September with my husband for good but worried about this visa not been here, any advice I would be grateful

very stressful
Old Aug 9th 2018, 2:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cynthia40
Hi hope you can help,
I have applied for the same visa as above on the 6th of June 2018 and nothing yet plus no one in the UK for advice

I want to o to Australia in September with my husband for good but worried about this visa not been here, any advice I would be grateful

very stressful
Little point in making fixed plans until you have your grant notification in hand. Processing times over the last few years have ranged from a few weeks to 18 months. The latest is that processing times in London have increased substantially compared to last year. Three months therefore may be very optimistic.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Cynthia40 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks, but kinda no that now not useful information, not sure why you replied?
I understand processing times was just asking with relation to entering Australia and my questions was someone who actually has gone through the process, not someone who likes to make a point when really its stating the obvious? I mean really not cool

thanks for the none helpful quote
can anyone with some useful information please reaply
Old Aug 9th 2018, 4:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks, but kinda no that now not useful information, not sure why you replied?
I understand processing times was just asking with relation to entering Australia and my questions was someone who actually has gone through the process, not someone who likes to make a point when really its stating the obvious? I mean really not cool

Being new you will not realise that the info BritinParis has posted is the best you will get.

Timelines have got much slower in the last couple of months, the flurry of mega-fast grants has vanished and it looks like everything has slowed down again. And in your shoes the one person on here who I would take that as gospel fro is the guy who replied to you. No-one can tell you whether you will be able to travel to Australia on a Spouse Visa in September, though I would hazard a very strong guess that the answer will be No
Not sure what else you were hoping for, unless you were looking for someone psychic to tell you when your grant would come through?
Old Aug 9th 2018, 4:23 pm

Not exactly sure what else you are looking for. If it’s reassurance that your partner visa will be granted in time for you to move to Australia in September then the answer is no, probably not. You could travel in September on a visitor visa but that would be time limited and you would have no ability to work. You would also have to depart Australia for a week when requested by your case officer in order for it to be granted. Not ideal but if you’re fixed on going to Australia in September then that is likely to be your best bet.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 5:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How to win friends and influence people
Old Aug 10th 2018, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

peckhamtogeelong is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied at the beginning of May and have heard nothing yet. Expecting a long wait. Uncertainty is the only certainty I think. Current processing times have been increased to 75% done in 15-21 months so we could easily be waiting well over a year from the time we applied. Not ideal but there's nothing we can do about it.