3 YEAR EXCLUSION PERIOD

Old Aug 26th 2013, 11:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 YEAR EXCLUSION PERIOD

Originally Posted by louie
Doesn't sound like it.
You're right. In that case the bridging visa would've ceased anyway, and hopefully the Spouse Visa application has been withdrawn.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 11:50 am
Just Joined

naveenshakil is an unknown quantity at this point

you are all right guys. the bridging visa has ceased and i withdrew the spouse visa application in person on the grounds of my immidate departure.
i really need some help as to what my options would be.
the relationship is not continueing anymore. but i would still like to return to study to further my skills as an architect so that i am able to apply for a GSM.
i contacted the local embassy, when they pulled me up on the system they said there is nothing here of a 3 yr ban, (which i find very strange that they do not have this information) but you should contact someone in australia, which i have, attaching all the documents, my resume, and all my offer letters from universities.

I've also spoken to a lawyer who said I first need to get information from the DIAC in writing of the 3 year exclusion period, and why it was imposed. After which he'd help to look at valid options that I may apply for.

Last edited by naveenshakil; Aug 26th 2013 at 11:57 am.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naveenshakil
i really need some help as to what my options would be.
Currently your option is this, by the sounds of it:
I've also spoken to a lawyer who said I first need to get information from the DIAC in writing of the 3 year exclusion period, and why it was imposed. After which he'd help to look at valid options that I may apply for.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

Couldn't you just attend a British university (I might be wrong but got the impression that's where you got your BA?) for your MArch, then apply through SkillSelect when you are finished? A MArch in England usually takes 2 years, so by the time you've graduated and applied for Australian PR, I would think that the 3 year ban should have expired.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Yes you are right, I have completed my BArch from UK. I could, but since I've been living in australia for 3 years, i do not qualify as a home student anymore. the fees is significantly higher, particularly for international students and job opportunities, even part-time are few and far in between, with minimum wage.
I have friends who i went to uni with and are only earning on average 1100 - 1300 pounds a month.
However, I feel that waiting out for 3 years may actually be my only option. It may end up being for the best. Still waiting on response from DIAC though.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

Surely you'd have to pay international fees in Australia, too?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Yes I would but its more affordable. Plus, it would help me further down the line when applying for GSM as well.
I have filled out a from 424a request for information and sent that to DIAC last night, so that I know for certain that there is a 3 year exclusion period and what led upto it so that I can assess the situation with the help of a lawyer/migration agent.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

RURUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I would but its more affordable. Plus, it would help me further down the line when applying for GSM as well.
I have filled out a from 424a request for information and sent that to DIAC last night, so that I know for certain that there is a 3 year exclusion period and what led upto it so that I can assess the situation with the help of a lawyer/migration agent.
Non return (exclusion) periods are imposed by operation of law and might not be referred to in documents released under FoI. There are many visas to which a 3-year exclusion period does not apply. Consult a RMA.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:39 am
Just Joined

they aren't? ok well its worth a try anyway to try and find out.
Yes i have to spoken to an MRA and exclusion periods do not apply to PR visas.
If the 3 yr ban was imposed in 2012, does that mean im already a year into it, even though I was still in Aust on a bridging visa for partner?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:39 am
Just Joined

they aren't? ok well its worth a try anyway to try and find out.
Yes i have to spoken to an MRA and exclusion periods do not apply to PR visas.
If the 3 yr ban was imposed in 2012, does that mean im already a year into it, even though I was still in Aust on a bridging visa for partner?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

i have to spoken to an MRA and exclusion periods do not apply to PR visas.
and some temporary (provisional) visas.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:07 am
Just Joined

examples?

skilled provisional?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

examples?

skilled provisional?
I do not know all the rules about this, or where to find them without paying. You might need to consult a registered migration agent.