2nd working holiday visa

Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:55 am
Just Joined

dochisholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd working holiday visa

does anyone know if working as an electrician will count towards a second whv I read the description as building installation services,building completion services,other construction services. on the immigration site which I would say all of which cover electricial anyone had experience with this thanks for your time
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:19 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd working holiday visa

Originally Posted by dochisholm
does anyone know if working as an electrician will count towards a second whv I read the description as building installation services,building completion services,other construction services. on the immigration site which I would say all of which cover electricial anyone had experience with this thanks for your time
Have you had a first WHV? Did you do the requisite time in a specified job in a regional area? Are you of within the age bracket?

If you look on the page about specified work, it has a link to what is considered to be eligible work in construction.

The Australian New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) provides further detail about eligible work in mining and construction. Work undertaken in the mining and construction sectors must appear in the ANZSIC division for these sectors to meet the specified work requirement.
Do you even have the correct licences to work as an electrician over in Australia?

Have you not considered general skilled migration as an electrician?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:30 am
Just Joined

I have my first whv yes i am able to apply for second i fulfil all criterea i was wondering if electrical work is acceptable p.s no I dont have licenses I would be working as a ta/labourer fitting containment e.t.c even though from what I have seen over here I could teach aussies a thing or two (not bitter at all)
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:31 am
Just Joined

skilled migration is very expensive im going to get my license then get sponsered
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:36 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dochisholm
I have my first whv yes i am able to apply for second i fulfil all criterea i was wondering if electrical work is acceptable p.s no I dont have licenses I would be working as a ta/labourer fitting containment e.t.c even though from what I have seen over here I could teach aussies a thing or two (not bitter at all)
You'll need to have a look at those links. They give a description of what construction work is eligible. I'm not doubting your abilities as an electrician! You may be able to teach them a thing or two, but they're quite strict about licensing. So you should double check to make sure that you're able to legally do that work.

WHVs aren't meant for skilled migration. They're meant for young people to have an experience of Australia & maybe earn a little as they're going around. You may find it difficult to get sponsored. Tradies are often self-employed & so can't really justify sponsorship. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't build your hopes up.