2nd stage spouse visa stat dec content

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice
Default 2nd stage spouse visa stat dec content

Hi all, well its been 2 years since we got our temporary spouse visa and have now recieved our paper work for stage 2. Yippee

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on the filling in of the stat dec that me and the OH need to fill in. How I read it and from what I have read and need to put are two different things altogether. Also do we need to include evidence. It doesnt seem to ask for any. Just stat decs and police clearance and the form 80 that i filled in initially?

So if any one could just bullet point what needs to be included for each section I would be most grateful.

1. The financial aspects of our relationship are described as follows.

2. The nature of our household is described as follows.

3. The social aspects of our relationship are described as follows

4. The nature of our commitment to each other is described as follows

Thank you
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Squaddie missus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2nd stage spouse visa stat dec content

Originally Posted by suebeedoo
Hi all, well its been 2 years since we got our temporary spouse visa and have now recieved our paper work for stage 2. Yippee

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on the filling in of the stat dec that me and the OH need to fill in. How I read it and from what I have read and need to put are two different things altogether. Also do we need to include evidence. It doesnt seem to ask for any. Just stat decs and police clearance and the form 80 that i filled in initially?

So if any one could just bullet point what needs to be included for each section I would be most grateful.

1. The financial aspects of our relationship are described as follows.

2. The nature of our household is described as follows.

3. The social aspects of our relationship are described as follows

4. The nature of our commitment to each other is described as follows

Thank you
Hi Sue
I reckon don't overthink it - just be honest. We submitted ours 10 weeks ago now and are playing the waiting game. We didn't submit any other evidence because it wasn't asked for. I assume they will ask for it if they want it. Anyway, ideas:
1. Financial - do you have joint accounts? joint loans/mortgage? other financial responsibilities - rent, insurances etc?
2. Nature of household - is the housework shared? is any childrearing shared? Ours was very brief - I work full time, hubby studies and works part time - we share the running of the household around our hours - we both go grocery shopping on weekends, that type of thing.
3. Social - we have mutual friends, are invited as a couple to events, if you are joint members of a club etc (this was also very brief - we don't get out much )
4. Nature of commitment - this was easy for us - I support hubby through uni as an international student (international student fees ), we both plan on starting a family in Aus etc - the lovey dovey stuff!

You will need to complete a new form 80 but yes, use your last one as a guide (it'll be 2 years out of date for the 'where have you lived in the last 10 yrs). For a couple who are particular about our filing, we couldn't locate the form 80 we submitted for the 309 - we're a bit worried about that!

Good luck and let us all know when you get your PR through!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:18 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

This is all very interesting as we are expecting our 2nd stage paperwork soon! No doubt I would have been asking the same question as suebeedoo, so thank you squaddie missus for answering! It all seems quite straightforward when you think about it! I've never had to do Form 80, so this time will be a first for me, I was hoping to get away with never completing it, but it seems pretty standard now for them to catch up with you at 2nd stage - dammit!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice

Thank you Squaddie Missus for your invaluable information. I have also sent an email to the migration agent that we used asking for any tips. They made a complete mess of the paperwork when we were applying so hopefully she will give me some pointers for free lol which I will pass on to you sillyoldbag lol xx
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Squaddie Missus for your invaluable information. I have also sent an email to the migration agent that we used asking for any tips. They made a complete mess of the paperwork when we were applying so hopefully she will give me some pointers for free lol which I will pass on to you sillyoldbag lol xx
To be honest all we did was update our temp spouse statements and include the other bits they asked for - Form 80 and a few bills to prove address. All you are really doing is proving that an already committed relationship is still on going and you are a couple as regards finance, living together etc. very very straightforward
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:27 am
Just Joined

livonia is an unknown quantity at this point

....Also do we need to include evidence. It doesnt seem to ask for any...
Hi,

We have just been through this process and my husband had his PR approved a couple weeks ago.

You most definitely do need evidence. It does ask for it, it is easy to miss but if you read the checklist they sent on page 2, item 2 says "evidence and documents based on your answers in questions 1 through 10 in the statutory declaration Applicant and statutory declaration sponsor".

I took this to mean we would have to supply evidence as to everything we attested to in those 10 questions. That is what we did and we had no problem. I had been collecting them in a box for 2 years and it was just a matter of selecting which ones we thought were most appropriate to send.

This included joint savings account details, joint bills and car and health insurance, photographs of trips and family get togethers, cards & letters addressed to both of us, all spanning the 2 year period since the temporary spouse visa. Along the same lines as for the temp visa, but by far less extensive.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:15 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Evidence stuff is a pain in the bum. I can prove we live at the same address but we have totally separate finances - no joint bills, no joint accounts nothing. I'm sure we'll muddle along though. They can even come to tea if they like
Old Sep 5th 2010, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Well I have read and re read the paperwork and can find no where where it says I have to send evidence. The only bit where they require evidence is if we have had a name change .. got married or divorced or adopted any children etc. Maybe they have changed the paperwork again. It does seem to be a regular occurence lol.... I think i will send some with it anyway. Fortunately I work at the post office so wont cost anything to get it all certified
Old Sep 5th 2010, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have read and re read the paperwork and can find no where where it says I have to send evidence. The only bit where they require evidence is if we have had a name change .. got married or divorced or adopted any children etc. Maybe they have changed the paperwork again. It does seem to be a regular occurence lol.... I think i will send some with it anyway. Fortunately I work at the post office so wont cost anything to get it all certified
Iff they haven't asked for any evidence then you don't need to send it. The second stage requests these days don't seem to follow any pattern. In the old system they ALWAYS asked for evidence, Stat Decs and other things (I forget what, too long ago).
About three years back it changed it and everyone was receiving differing requests, so now you can just send what they ask for on your individual list. If they need more they'll come back to you.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:00 am
Just Joined

livonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I have read and re read the paperwork and can find no where where it says I have to send evidence....
Do you have a document that is headed in capital letters?

"CHECKLIST FOR 2nd STAGE PARTNER VISA PROCESSING"?

On the back of page 1, it has an itemised checklist of what to do.

Item 2 says "Evidence and documents related to your answers in Questions 1-10......" etc.

ie. they don't say specifically send X and send Y. They say, send what you need to send to prove what you have said in Questions 1-10 of the stat dec is true.

Also, you don't have to get any docs certified, only the official government ones.

I doubt if the form would have changed in the few weeks since we were approved, but I guess that is always a possibility.

It is definitely less onerous than the temporary spouse visa and you get the feeling they are much more laid back with it all by this stage.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Livonia, yes i do have that and on the back of mine, the checklist tick box it only has:

1. Statutory declarations

applicant
sponsor

2. Original Australian Federal Police clearance certificate

applicant
dependants
sponsor

3. Acknowledgement card - completed with your name and address and blurb telling me where to get it

4. certified copy of personal details pages of the current passport of each applicant

5. Personal particulars for character assessment - Form 80

and at the bottom any travel details.

And thats it
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Hi Livonia, yes i do have that and on the back of mine, the checklist tick box it only has:

1. Statutory declarations

applicant
sponsor

2. Original Australian Federal Police clearance certificate

applicant
dependants
sponsor

3. Acknowledgement card - completed with your name and address and blurb telling me where to get it

4. certified copy of personal details pages of the current passport of each applicant

5. Personal particulars for character assessment - Form 80

and at the bottom any travel details.

And thats it
Hi Suebedo

I have just double-checked my form too and it's the same as yours. The only info they need is if there's a name change or passport change. Perhaps the forms have changed?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Squaddie missus
Hi Suebedo

I have just double-checked my form too and it's the same as yours. The only info they need is if there's a name change or passport change. Perhaps the forms have changed?
Sorry - just read Pollyanna's post. It doesn't seem fair that Livonia had to submit evidence and people like my husband and Suebedo don't? Gotta love immigration eh? Livonia, how long after submitting the paperwork did your husband's PR come through? Just curious as I've heard very different stories. Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

I was wondering exactly the same thing, how long it took. I wonder if we dont have to submit any more evidence because I took a suitcase full lol when I went to lodge my temporary hehe, maybe they are short of room for more of my paperwork
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

It seems that we have all received the same request, namely stat decs, AFP check and the Form 80.

In my stat dec I gave all salient details in bullet form.

Last edited by Tina7; Sep 5th 2010 at 12:36 pm. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.