28 day case handler turnaround

Old May 20th 2017, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

T9DDY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 28 day case handler turnaround

Hi all,

Can I cask what your experiences are with the 28 day turn around request for information from case officers.

When I did mine a few years ago it was picked up after adding further information more of less on the 28 day time frame.

My sister is applying for a PR from the UK and had hers picked up about 7 weeks ago but was missing a piece of info and asked to attach it.

She expected it to be checked and granted weeks ago, but is still waiting.

What are your experiences with the 28 turn around at the moment?

Thanks all
Old May 20th 2017, 11:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 28 day case handler turnaround

Originally Posted by T9DDY
Hi all,

Can I cask what your experiences are with the 28 day turn around request for information from case officers.

When I did mine a few years ago it was picked up after adding further information more of less on the 28 day time frame.

My sister is applying for a PR from the UK and had hers picked up about 7 weeks ago but was missing a piece of info and asked to attach it.

She expected it to be checked and granted weeks ago, but is still waiting.

What are your experiences with the 28 turn around at the moment?

Thanks all
Not quite sure what you are on about, but if a CO requests additional info, you are given 28 days to respond. That is not relevant though to processing times, and there is guidelines for these on the DIBP website. For a 189 visa this is 75% within 4 months, 90% within 6 - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-
Old May 20th 2017, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

This is what I read the other day but wasn't quite sure if it was for the case to be first picked up or in between every request. They surly won't make you wait 6-9 months between every request in case they still aren't happy and missing stuff. It's already been picked up and assessed for further info you see.
Old May 20th 2017, 1:51 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I read the other day but wasn't quite sure if it was for the case to be first picked up or in between every request. They surly won't make you wait 6-9 months between every request in case they still aren't happy and missing stuff. It's already been picked up and assessed for further info you see.
There is no 'between every request' - if you supply all documentation upfront, the first you may hear from a CO is when a visa is granted. If you are asked to supply additional evidence, you have 28 days to do so, or provide a reason why it can't be provided within that time and provide it when it is available.

If you supply the evidence asked for, the CO will continue processing the application. If it is still not satisfactory, they will likely ask again - sooner rather than later. They will not waste time in processing applications that do not meet criteria.

Overall processing time - from selection to decision is on average 6-9 months from the info given. Decision ready applications will obviously be quicker - those missing supporting evidence will take longer.
Old May 21st 2017, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. They entered what they had 2 months ago as advised by their agent. It got picked up straight away and they asked for medicals and police checks and gave them 28 day. She then added them in about 10 days and since them they've heard nothing, that was nearly 2 months ago. If they'd of had it all on submition they'd of had their visa within a fortnight...it got picked really quick. Will just keep waiting.
Old May 21st 2017, 5:27 am

Thanks. They entered what they had 2 months ago as advised by their agent. It got picked up straight away and they asked for medicals and police checks and gave them 28 day. She then added them in about 10 days and since them they've heard nothing, that was nearly 2 months ago. If they'd of had it all on submition they'd of had their visa within a fortnight...it got picked really quick. Will just keep waiting.
You do understand that there is a difference between allocation dates, and processing times. Also, the 28 days given to respond to a request for information is also not relevant to processing times.

And yes, once an application is complete from an applicants perspective, all you can do is wait.

EDIT - allocation dates - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...n-applications

and from this page :

Achieving a faster visa decision

Most 'complete' applications are finalised within three months of lodgement. Incomplete applications are less likely to be finalised within three months of lodgement because additional documentation might be required before the application can be finalised.

A 'complete application' has health examinations undertaken and all required documentation uploaded to ImmiAccount before the application is allocated for assessment.

Last edited by old.sparkles; May 21st 2017 at 5:29 am.
Old May 21st 2017, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

So basically after they got asked to add the rest of the missing document it could be anywhere from 28day to 9 months before they get the visa granted. Why didn't the agent get them to put it all in all at the same time!?!
Old May 21st 2017, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

When I did my PR they asked me for fitter info they weren't happy with and gave me 28days, they them granted me my visa on the 28th day when they picked it back up.
Old May 21st 2017, 7:16 am

So basically after they got asked to add the rest of the missing document it could be anywhere from 28day to 9 months before they get the visa granted. Why didn't the agent get them to put it all in all at the same time!?!
The usual advice is not to supply a complete package. Since you have 12 months from the earliest of the medical and police checks to validate a visa, getting them done early reduces the amount of time you have to validate. Of course, if you are in a hurry.

When I did my PR they asked me for fitter info they weren't happy with and gave me 28days, they them granted me my visa on the 28th day when they picked it back up.
After they get asked to add the extra info, grant could be at any time. There is 'no wait 28 days' after adding info for grant. If everything is processed, the visa will be granted. Neither do they wait 28 days to look at the extra info you supply if it is supplied early.

Visas are granted when processing is finished. This can take 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or longer. Information on averages is just that - average info. Low risk countries with easily verified documents are obviously quicker. Complete applications are quicker. But all applications take as long as is necessary.
Old May 21st 2017, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

I do wonder what's with the hurry? To paraphrase Tolkien by way of Gandalf, "A DIBP visa grant is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to"