190 Visa questions - work & time limits

Old Nov 28th 2016, 8:49 am
Just Joined

andylong677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 Visa questions - work & time limits

Hi,

Tried to search the forum and think I understand, but wanted to clarify.

We are hopefully going to apply for a 190 visa, based on my wife being the main applicant (would like a 189 Visa, but not sure she will be in the correct occupation in time).

We would like to apply a year before I retire (I retire at 50 from the police), but my wife is younger, which is why she is the main applicant. We then plan on another holiday to Aus to activate the visa. If we do that, can we then come back to the UK and finally move a year or so later and then live there permanently, fulfilling the 2 year requirement?

When we are there, we do not plan on moving state, as we believe if that state sponsored us, we should be there for at east the required 2 years. However, what conditions would be placed on us getting work? We will have a pension as well, so we are happy with part time jobs each. But does my wife, as the applicant need to work full time in the sponsored occupation? What if she cannot find the correct work, does that cause a problem with the Visa?

Sorry for the long winded questions.

Thanks

Andy
Old Nov 28th 2016, 8:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 Visa questions - work & time limits

Originally Posted by andylong677
Hi,

Tried to search the forum and think I understand, but wanted to clarify.

We are hopefully going to apply for a 190 visa, based on my wife being the main applicant (would like a 189 Visa, but not sure she will be in the correct occupation in time).

We would like to apply a year before I retire (I retire at 50 from the police), but my wife is younger, which is why she is the main applicant. We then plan on another holiday to Aus to activate the visa. If we do that, can we then come back to the UK and finally move a year or so later and then live there permanently, fulfilling the 2 year requirement?

When we are there, we do not plan on moving state, as we believe if that state sponsored us, we should be there for at east the required 2 years. However, what conditions would be placed on us getting work? We will have a pension as well, so we are happy with part time jobs each. But does my wife, as the applicant need to work full time in the sponsored occupation? What if she cannot find the correct work, does that cause a problem with the Visa?

Sorry for the long winded questions.

Thanks

Andy
Your plans sound fine. From a work perspective, once you have the visa you can do whatever work you can get - or none at all if you can support yourselves without working.

The obligation to live and work in the sponsoring state will start from when you make your move - I think there is a way of notifying the state you have moved but I can't remember (I am on 176 which preceded the 190). The obligation is a moral one, but like you I honoured my obligation and am quite happily still living and working in the sponsoring state. I currently work in the occupation I was sponsored for, but have also worked other jobs - it is one of the questions on the questionnaires sent out for completion as part of the obligation (as is 'are you currently employed?').
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:41 am
Just Joined

andylong677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 190 Visa questions - work & time limits

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad I had the right idea from the other posts. We will still aim for the 189 but feel better that we could try for a 190 as well. My wife didn't want to have to jump straight into work on day 1, but take a couple of months to find a place to rent, settle kids in school and so on. So we wanted to avoid any visa linked to an imeediate job offer.

Thanks again

Andy