190 visa entry query (after VISA Grant)

Old May 30th 2016, 10:41 am
Just Joined

jasnel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 190 visa entry query (after VISA Grant)

Hi,

I am about to lodge my application for VISA 190 for Australia (skilled permanent state nominated VISA). I have few queries , if some one could please answer.

I am working and staying in autralia from last 2.5 years and recently got married 3 months ago. My husband is working (full time) in India. I have applied for PR for both of us. I am the main applicant and I am not claiming any points for him. Now my queries are:-

1. Once m VISA is granted, how long he can wait before coming to australia? as he has to resign from his job that has 3 months notice period and after that also he needs to do preprations before he can come here and join me. How much time duration he will have to do all this before coming here.

2. As I am already staying here in australia and according to the VISA 190 conditions, initial 2 years I should stay in NSW only, as I got nomination from NSW govt. Is that applicable only to me or to my husband also? And If he comes some 6 months later, will he also has to stay for 2 years ? As my 2 years duration will start from the day 1 of VISA grant but he will join me later.

3. After I complete my 2 years in NSW, how will I get to know that I am free to go to any state after that? will I get any letter or something from NSW?

4.In the initial 2 years, will I have to submit any address proof for my residence?

5. I am nominated for software engineer. S I have to be in the same profession in the initial 2 years of my stay. Or its just that I have to just stay in the state for initial 2 years, no matter what Job I do???

Thanks.
Old May 31st 2016, 4:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 visa entry query (after VISA Grant)

Originally Posted by jasnel
Hi,

I am about to lodge my application for VISA 190 for Australia (skilled permanent state nominated VISA). I have few queries , if some one could please answer.

I am working and staying in autralia from last 2.5 years and recently got married 3 months ago. My husband is working (full time) in India. I have applied for PR for both of us. I am the main applicant and I am not claiming any points for him. Now my queries are:-

1. Once m VISA is granted, how long he can wait before coming to australia? as he has to resign from his job that has 3 months notice period and after that also he needs to do preprations before he can come here and join me. How much time duration he will have to do all this before coming here.

2. As I am already staying here in australia and according to the VISA 190 conditions, initial 2 years I should stay in NSW only, as I got nomination from NSW govt. Is that applicable only to me or to my husband also? And If he comes some 6 months later, will he also has to stay for 2 years ? As my 2 years duration will start from the day 1 of VISA grant but he will join me later.

3. After I complete my 2 years in NSW, how will I get to know that I am free to go to any state after that? will I get any letter or something from NSW?

4.In the initial 2 years, will I have to submit any address proof for my residence?

5. I am nominated for software engineer. S I have to be in the same profession in the initial 2 years of my stay. Or its just that I have to just stay in the state for initial 2 years, no matter what Job I do???

Thanks.
The obligation to stay in the nominating state is currently a moral one but one most members here take seriously.

I was state sponsored, but wanted to live in the nominating state so was no issue. Had I not been able to find work, then I would have asked to be released from the obligation if I could find work in another state.

Part of the sponsorship process was to respond to state surveys, and at the end of the 2 years, the final survey stated it was the last one. There was no other letter. In each survey, it asked if I was living in state and if I was working, and if so was it the nominated occupation. There is no obligation to work in you stated occupation.

As for the time to enter for your husband, medicals and PCC have a 12 month validity, so date of first entry needs to be whilst these are still valid. If your husband needs more time to prepare a full move, he can visit to validate the visa, then return to finish preparations before making the permanant move. The travel portion of the visa will be valid for 5 years from date of issue once validated.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thank you so much for the response. It was of great help.

If possible and if you know, can you pls answer to my below question as well.

Thanks once again.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasnel
Hi,

Thank you so much for the response. It was of great help.

If possible and if you know, can you pls answer to my below question as well.

Thanks once again.
I did - the obligation to live in the sponsoring state is a moral one.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thank you so much for your time and response.

Actually , exactly what i meant was that my husband is my dependent . so that 2 year obligation is on me right? and not on my husband? he can come and join me later and need not to complete separate 2 years in the state.

And one more query I wanted to ask that i am staying currently in Australia on 457 visa. I am staying in my friend's apartment and will continue here for 6 months or more, until my husband comes here. So, does it matter where I am staying and whether the place where i stay is on my name or not (rental agreement). The only thing that matters is that I stay in nominated state right? will they ask any address proof or something.

I think these things should not matter. but still I wanted to clarify for my satisfaction.

I will be really thankful to you, if you can take out some time to clarify.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

blue_bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Have a question regarding first time entry after your visa granted (not granted yet but hopefully will be in few weeks). I know there is requirements to enter within 12 months before medicals and police checks will expire but the question is... Does anyone know children should enter as well or we can come over to activate visa without them for the first time?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue_bird
Hi there,

Have a question regarding first time entry after your visa granted (not granted yet but hopefully will be in few weeks). I know there is requirements to enter within 12 months before medicals and police checks will expire but the question is... Does anyone know children should enter as well or we can come over to activate visa without them for the first time?

Thanks in advance
All visa holders need to validate their visa - including children