Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

190 visa enquiry- spouse & dependent landing time

190 visa enquiry- spouse & dependent landing time

Old Apr 18th 2017, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Jxing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 visa enquiry- spouse & dependent landing time

Hi guys

I just received 190 state nomination from Victoria state, which is pretty lucky. Thanks to all useful info from this forum.

I am planning to migrate to OZ together with my wife and son. I was wondering if I am selected by DIBP, will all three of us be granted with permanent residents together?

And do we have to land on Victoria state together at the same time to activate permanent residents? Could I land on first to settle and get my wife and my son to land on later on?

Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 visa enquiry- spouse & dependent landing time

Once granted every person has their own independent visa. So, yes, you could arrive first. Though they must still make first entry within twelve months.
Old May 2nd 2017, 1:25 am
Just Joined

liulingyanlily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jxing,

Great to know someone with similar background as me.

Congrats for the nominations from victoria.

I have PhD Chemistry, IELTS 7 and more than 8 years experience as chemist. Do you think I stand a chance to get nomination from victoria? My PhD was more than 5 years ago.

Thanks
Old May 2nd 2017, 9:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liulingyanlily
Hi Jxing,

Great to know someone with similar background as me.

Congrats for the nominations from victoria.

I have PhD Chemistry, IELTS 7 and more than 8 years experience as chemist. Do you think I stand a chance to get nomination from victoria? My PhD was more than 5 years ago.

Thanks
Is your occupation available to be sponsored?
Old May 2nd 2017, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Is your occupation available to be sponsored?
Yes. Chemist is still there in so called CSOL list.
Old May 2nd 2017, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Chemist is still there in so called CSOL list.
The lists changed recently. So-called CSOL list is now something else so check you are still eligible
Old May 3rd 2017, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The lists changed recently. So-called CSOL list is now something else so check you are still eligible
Yes. I know. Chemist is still there. Just can't memorize the new name of the list :0
Old May 3rd 2017, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

DIBP changes names and acronyms and visa numbers more often than a weight conscious person on Orlistat/Xenical would his or her underpants!
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:22 am
Just Joined

haha...
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Carlyvic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 👋🏼
Congratulations on your sponsorship!
We are also hoping to apply to Victoria for Sponsorship, my husband works in Telecommunications and we are waiting for the results of his skills assessment with TRA.
Sorry to ask a possible silly question but how did you get sponsorship before submitting your visa application?

My thoughts were that once he has his (hopefully) positive SA back he then submits his EOI and then applies for his 190 from receiving an invitation.
Am I being an idiot or have we missed out a valid part of the process?
It doesn't take much to confuse me 🙄

Last edited by Carlyvic; May 3rd 2017 at 11:12 am. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carlyvic
Hi 👋🏼
Congratulations on your sponsorship!
We are also hoping to apply to Victoria for Sponsorship, my husband works in Telecommunications and we are waiting for the results of his skills assessment with TRA.
Sorry to ask a possible silly question but how did you get sponsorship before submitting your visa application?

My thoughts were that once he has his (hopefully) positive SA back he then submits his EOI and then applies for his 190 from receiving an invitation.
Am I being an idiot or have we missed out a valid part of the process?
It doesn't take much to confuse me 🙄
Does VIC select from the EOI pool or do you need to apply to them direct? What does it say on their website?
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:48 am

Yes. I know. Chemist is still there. Just can't memorize the new name of the list :0
If chemist is still on the list then all you can do is try. One sure way to get a negative response is not to apply.
Old May 3rd 2017, 2:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
DIBP changes names and acronyms and visa numbers more often than a weight conscious person on Orlistat/Xenical would his or her underpants!
It doesn't often undertake a major shakeup, like the one over the last couple of weeks, so its always worth making sure people are on top of things
Old May 3rd 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It doesn't often undertake a major shakeup, like the one over the last couple of weeks, so its always worth making sure people are on top of things
You're not wrong there, it seems the powers that be have also trained their sights on the much maligned visa 188. However, from what I gather, they're treading rather gently on this, with the only (IMHO long overdue) requirement being considered is the addition of English Language proficiency tests.