189 visa

Old Mar 19th 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 189 visa

how long if i get granted a 189 visa do i have to sort all my stuff out and get to australia? is there a time limit on the visa once granted type thing i cant seem to find the info on it so any help would be great

thanks jon
Old Mar 19th 2017, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 visa

You get 12 months from the date your medical were done or the police clearance was obtained to make the first visit, whichever being the earlier date, and once that's been done (called the visa validation trip), up to 5 years from the Grant Date to finalize the move over.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

oh really so if i get the 189 visa and then go to aus for a few weeks that validates my visa and iv got 5 years to make the final move? sounds good lol if iv understood it right
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

The 12 month timeline is not always the case though. I did my medicals in January and my enter by date was September. So I would say it can be up to 12 months from the date of your medicals.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giri26
The 12 month timeline is not always the case though. I did my medicals in January and my enter by date was September. So I would say it can be up to 12 months from the date of your medicals.
Indeed. Its not always 12 months, the time given is at the discretion if the case officer.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

ah ok but so long as you get in with in the given time you can fly back to britain and sell your house etc etc if it takes over a year and still be ok to re enter aus as a permanent resident?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon111
ah ok but so long as you get in with in the given time you can fly back to britain and sell your house etc etc if it takes over a year and still be ok to re enter aus as a permanent resident?
Yup, once you "validate" the visa with your first entry, you're pretty much set for the next 5 years (counting from the date of the grant).
Old Apr 5th 2017, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

brill thanks for the info