Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

189 skilled visa.. Do it my self or go through a agent

189 skilled visa.. Do it my self or go through a agent

Old Aug 22nd 2015, 12:10 am
Just Joined

danw89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 skilled visa.. Do it my self or go through a agent

Hi I'm ready to lodge my 189 visa. Would I have a better chance getting it if I went through a agent or did it my self?
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 2:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 skilled visa.. Do it my self or go through a agent

Originally Posted by danw89
Hi I'm ready to lodge my 189 visa. Would I have a better chance getting it if I went through a agent or did it my self?
Using an agent does not give you a better chance - if you meet the criteria and have been invited to apply then there is no reason why you would not get the visa if you supply all the documents required and you have not overclaimed points.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

Won't make a difference, but there's no reason why you can't do it yourself providing you follow the instructions and can evidence the points you've claimed.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 5:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

My view - and you can call me biased if you want - is that a good migration agent will almost always reduce the risk of an adverse decision on the visa application.

Whether there is a high risk of you getting it wrong is a function of your own knowledge and understanding of what the Department of Immigration requires to support your claims in the application. Unfortunately none of us on this forum can answer that for you.

Best regards.