189 medical examination questions

Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold
Default 189 medical examination questions

Hi everyone, thanks for the amazing forum and constant helpful information.

I have just completed my online 189 application, have starting to upload documents and have a few questions that I would really appreciate some help with.

1) My situation is quite unique I guess, I am a New Zealand Citizen on a 444 visa living in Australia (been here 4 years) and am in the process of switching to a 189. The 444 allows me to live in Australia indefinitely and gives me benefits such as full medicare. Since I have full medicare already and full access to the health system will I still be required to undertake a health examination?

2) Friends who have recently taken the medical examination for the 189 in Australia were only required to have a chest x-ray and an HIV test without any other medical tests. This seems strange since the information points at a full medical examination?

3) If medical tests are required should I just wait for the CO to be allocated and therefore receive clarification or should I do them up front (some documentations says to wait and others sources say to front load it.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 8th 2014, 3:17 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 medical examination questions

Originally Posted by Fluid36

I have just completed my online 189 application, have starting to upload documents and have a few questions that I would really appreciate some help with.

1) My situation is quite unique I guess, I am a New Zealand Citizen on a 444 visa living in Australia (been here 4 years) and am in the process of switching to a 189. The 444 allows me to live in Australia indefinitely and gives me benefits such as full medicare. Since I have full medicare already and full access to the health system will I still be required to undertake a health examination?

2) Friends who have recently taken the medical examination for the 189 in Australia were only required to have a chest x-ray and an HIV test without any other medical tests. This seems strange since the information points at a full medical examination?

3) If medical tests are required should I just wait for the CO to be allocated and therefore receive clarification or should I do them up front (some documentations says to wait and others sources say to front load it.

Thanks in advance
You will need to do a medical which includes chest xray and HIV test. You can wait until asked.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
I have certainly never heard of different requirements or NZ citizens before. Were your friends NZ citizens that apparently did the shortened medical? In which case maybe they are better placed to comment than us, not many of us are NZ citizens applying for Australian visas.

I have also never seen anything official that recommends doing a medical before a CO asks, I thought the immigration site was pretty clear that it is best to wait until asked before taking a medical.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies, my friends were actually Indians living in Sydney who only had the chest xray and HIV, have the rules changed lately?

Regarding the medicals before the CO, it's all online now and the link is available there as soon as you apply and make payment.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, my friends were actually Indians living in Sydney who only had the chest xray and HIV, have the rules changed lately?

Regarding the medicals before the CO, it's all online now and the link is available there as soon as you apply and make payment.
Your friends definitely had a full medical for the 189 visa, no this has not changed lately. Perhaps they did it previously relating to whatever visa they were on before.

A link to medicals can surely not be considered as guidance to do your medicals before being asked! It is just a link, the advice is and always has been, to wait.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep, I'll wait until I get a CO thanks, how do you know when they have been assigned, is it in the correspondence section?