187 query

Old Jun 11th 2017, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 187 query

Hi Forum,

I doubt if anyone will be able to give me exact details on timescale but any indication as to whether I am 'clutching at straws' would be helpful.

I am working in Aus for QLD health on a 457. On Friday my employer has offered me a 187. My question is.... I am already 48 and as of July 1st (15 working days from today) the 187 age limit drops to 45. Any thoughts/experience on the timescale from my employer sending the details to immigration to immigration sending me the info I need so I can submit my application? Hopefully my employer will complete their part of the process next week and I can find out how long that will take on Monday.

My 457 was granted in Feb 2017 so I am hopeful that I will not need to get anything verified/certified for this visa but I am somewhat concerned that 15 working days is expecting the impossible.

Regards

Steven
Old Jun 11th 2017, 4:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 187 query

Originally Posted by steven9818
Hi Forum,

I doubt if anyone will be able to give me exact details on timescale but any indication as to whether I am 'clutching at straws' would be helpful.

I am working in Aus for QLD health on a 457. On Friday my employer has offered me a 187. My question is.... I am already 48 and as of July 1st (15 working days from today) the 187 age limit drops to 45. Any thoughts/experience on the timescale from my employer sending the details to immigration to immigration sending me the info I need so I can submit my application? Hopefully my employer will complete their part of the process next week and I can find out how long that will take on Monday.

My 457 was granted in Feb 2017 so I am hopeful that I will not need to get anything verified/certified for this visa but I am somewhat concerned that 15 working days is expecting the impossible.

Regards

Steven
There is no notice on DIBP site for age changes to 187, still showing as under 50 at time of application.

EDIT - found the info - https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginA...-programme.pdf

As a direct entry, not sure you will get application in in time

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 11th 2017 at 4:42 am.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Age drops to 45 on July 1st

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginA...-programme.pdf
Old Jun 11th 2017, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is no notice on DIBP site for age changes to 187, still showing as under 50 at time of application.

EDIT - found the info - https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginA...-programme.pdf

As a direct entry, not sure you will get application in in time

That is my concern, especially as it is now the end of the immigration dept year and I suspect lots of over 45's are also applying 'last minute'!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have been on a 457 less than to years you would need a skills assessment to apply. This takes an average of 8 weeks, plus usually a couple of weeks to get the paper work together.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by verystormy
If you have been on a 457 less than to years you would need a skills assessment to apply. This takes an average of 8 weeks, plus usually a couple of weeks to get the paper work together.

This is the first mention of skills assessments. There is nothing on the border agency website regarding a skills assessment for either 187 direct entry or agreement stream. Are you sure this is correct?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Skills assessments are referred to on this page (under the Additional Eligibility/Direct Entry Stream sub-heading):

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/187-

Where it states:
At time of application lodgement, you must provide evidence with your online application that you:
have at least competent English (unless you are exempt from this requirement)
meet the skills requirements, unless you are exempt.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NickyC
Skills assessments are referred to on this page (under the Additional Eligibility/Direct Entry Stream sub-heading):

Where it states:
At time of application lodgement, you must provide evidence with your online application that you:
have at least competent English (unless you are exempt from this requirement)
meet the skills requirements, unless you are exempt.

I have a British passport and I am already registered with AHPRA so I assume that I have met the skills and language criteria.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have a British passport and I am already registered with AHPRA so I assume that I have met the skills and language criteria.
Registering with AHPRA is nothing to do with skills assessment requirements. I believe you will need a Skills Assessment from ANMAC, which is totally different from your AHPRA registration.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Registering with AHPRA is nothing to do with skills assessment requirements. I believe you will need a Skills Assessment from ANMAC, which is totally different from your AHPRA registration.
The visa agent I discussed this with on Friday never mentioned anything about a skills assessment so I will check this out. One thing is a cert...If I need an ANMAC assessment I can forget about getting this sorted in time for July 1st!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:38 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The visa agent I discussed this with on Friday never mentioned anything about a skills assessment so I will check this out. One thing is a cert...If I need an ANMAC assessment I can forget about getting this sorted in time for July 1st!

As people have said above, if you haven't worked for your employer for 2 years on the 457 you cannot use the Temp Residence Transition Strem, you have to use the Dirst enrty Stream. And that requires a skills assessment.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana

As people have said above, if you haven't worked for your employer for 2 years on the 457 you cannot use the Temp Residence Transition Strem, you have to use the Dirst enrty Stream. And that requires a skills assessment.
I am looking to use the agreement stream. As far as I can tell I meet all the criteria.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking to use the agreement stream. As far as I can tell I meet all the criteria.
Hopefully then, your agent has advised you correctly.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:18 pm
Home and Happy

OK, I thought you were just on a fairly new 457, not a labour agreement scheme. QHealth doesn't use those often, to my knowledge, though 457s are very common..

for you.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

OK, I will see what HR say tomorrow. But regardless of skills assessments is 3 weeks to get my application in totally unrealistic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.