Visa 186

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 10:04 am
Just Joined

slain69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa 186

Hi everyone

Looked and searched through the forum about the Visa 186 but still confused
I am on a sponsorship 457 temp business visa and have a TRN of letters and numbers, I have seen 2 visa routes but the one that keeps jumping out is the transition visa 186. I have been with my sponsor for over 2 yrs and have the backing to apply for PR. After going through the online forms and checking the notes the 186 seems to be the one to go for does anyone have any thoughts on this.
I think I am on the right track but what I seem to be thinking and what gets typed maybe off track

Not sure if I should have added any more info other than the 187 you need to go for an assessment and the 186 as I have been doing the same job for my employer isn't needed
Thanks for reading and interpreting
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 10:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 186

Originally Posted by slain69
Hi everyone

Looked and searched through the forum about the Visa 186 but still confused
I am on a sponsorship 457 temp business visa and have a TRN of letters and numbers, I have seen 2 visa routes but the one that keeps jumping out is the transition visa 186. I have been with my sponsor for over 2 yrs and have the backing to apply for PR. After going through the online forms and checking the notes the 186 seems to be the one to go for does anyone have any thoughts on this.
I think I am on the right track but what I seem to be thinking and what gets typed maybe off track

Not sure if I should have added any more info other than the 187 you need to go for an assessment and the 186 as I have been doing the same job for my employer isn't needed
Thanks for reading and interpreting
Your employer will need to sponsor you for the 186.

The 187 is a regional visa.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

slain69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that

So I take it that I just fill out the online form submit it then if alls good I get the info for the next stages when to go for medicals, police checks etc.
I have the backing from my employer so no issues about applying.

Cheers
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 11:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that

So I take it that I just fill out the online form submit it then if alls good I get the info for the next stages when to go for medicals, police checks etc.

Cheers
Think your employer has to do their bit first but don't know too much on that visa
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 1:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that

Cheers
I'm certainly no expert on 186 visas but the 186 (The Temporary Residence Transition stream) certainly sounds like the one for you. If you have a look at the link, you'll see that there are various options to click, such as Visa Applicants which will tell you what you need to do as the applicant, and Employers, which will tell you what your employer needs to do. From my reading, you can't apply for this stream of the 186 until your employer has submitted their nomination documents. Best of luck!

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.

This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can​ be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.

The visa has three streams:
•The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.