Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Using UK emergency passport to enter Australia

Using UK emergency passport to enter Australia

Old Jul 18th 2014, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

jayden6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Using UK emergency passport to enter Australia

Hi

Im wondering. Has anyone ever used a UK emergency travel passport (ETD) to enter Australia as a UK citizen?

I'm booked to go to Sydney next week and I'm waiting for my UK passport to be returned but of course this ridiculous backlog isnt helping. I'm currently in Barbados and I spoke to the UK embassy here who advised me that they could consider issuing me an ETD. However when I asked if I would be able to apply for the evisitor Visa using the ETD they said they wouldn't know and that I should contact the Australian embassy. Tried doing that but its closed now apparently so thought I'd try here and see if anyone has any experience with this. The UK gov website says that they ARE accepted for entry, transit and departure but it says nothing about whether it allows holders to apply for the evisa. The thing is, with the US for instance, although they do allow the ETD for entry into their country its not acceptable for use with the ESTA application under the Visa Waiver Program. So one would still have to get a US Visa.

So is this the same for entry into Australia? Or is it ok to use the ETD to apply for the evisitor visa?