Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Urgent info Regarding Experience of ICT professional

Urgent info Regarding Experience of ICT professional

Old Jul 18th 2014, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

farrykhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent info Regarding Experience of ICT professional

Dear All,

I have more than 5 years experience and just got my Assessment letter from
ACS. However they have deducted 2 years from experience and after that they counted my experience i.e. now I have 3 years of experience. Now I am going to submit EOI but I am confused that whether I should put experience from the date as mentioned in the ACS letter ( it means I need to deduct those two years in EOI or DIBP case officer will do that himself) or I should put my 5 years experience. But if I put my 5 years experience then I get 5 more points which I should not. Pleas see below

The following employment after January 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263112 (Network Administrator) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 01/07 - 12/09 (2yrs 11mths)
Position: Assistant Network Manager
Employer: ABC

Dates: 12/11 - 07/13 (1yrs 7mths)
Position: Network Operation Engineer
Employer: XYZ

So I should my experience starting from Janurary 2009 in my EOI or I should put in the above same order starting from Jan 2007.

Many Thanks
danish
Old Jul 18th 2014, 1:59 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent info Regarding Experience of ICT professional

You can claim only 3 yrs as skilled experience i.e. starting Jan 09
Old Jul 18th 2014, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ok Thanks. But How would I fill in that in my EOI Please. As you can see my above experience break down

Regards,
Old Jul 18th 2014, 2:10 pm
Slow & Steady

Fill Jan 09 to end of employment for first employer & then the second as it goes. This is how I did it in my case.
In your EOI you'll find a tip that if you are continuing your employment with an employer you just have to leave the end date empty.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 4:27 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

On the dates you have given do you even have 3 years experience?

You have Jan 09 to Dec 09 for 11 months, and Dec 11 to July 13 for 1yr 7months. If this is the sum of your experience, it is not 3 years.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

This is very helpful. Bascically I am current working with current employer since 15th December 2011 and by mistake the assessment department assessed my experience till july 2013 which is actually july 2014 which then become more than 3 years if we deduct those two years.

Now as you can see in the assessment result letter that after Jan 2009 so While filling in EOI I should start my experience from 1st Feb till end Dec 2009 and then start from December 2011 till date. correct?

As you said you did so in your case-Could you please advise if your case hs been finalized. Please guide me of if there is any guidelines available on DIBP site because I got very short time. waiting for your feedback.

Regards and many thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 5:21 pm
Slow & Steady

Originally Posted by farrykhan
Hi,

This is very helpful. Bascically I am current working with current employer since 15th December 2011 and by mistake the assessment department assessed my experience till july 2013 which is actually july 2014 which then become more than 3 years if we deduct those two years.

Now as you can see in the assessment result letter that after Jan 2009 so While filling in EOI I should start my experience from 1st Feb till end Dec 2009 and then start from December 2011 till date. correct?

As you said you did so in your case-Could you please advise if your case hs been finalized. Please guide me of if there is any guidelines available on DIBP site because I got very short time. waiting for your feedback.

Regards and many thanks.
If that is a mistake from ACS, you can write to them and they will issue you another one with correct information. Please note that any appeal can only be made within 60 days of your assessment.

Yes you should fill it like the way you mentioned above.

I have already lodged my visa application last month.

Last edited by ekhfaiz; Jul 18th 2014 at 5:25 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yes dear I have lodged my Review application today as per ACS instruction.

Finally as you know at the moment professions are being caped very soon and I am interested to apply to South Austrailia on 489. Therefore, Can I use this letter to get state nomination and then when I get my updated letter I will attach both assessment letter to my visa applicaiton .

is this the correct way to apply for state nomination or should i wait for the updated letter and then apply for state nomination.

Regads and thanks,
Old Jul 18th 2014, 5:39 pm
Slow & Steady

I cannot comment about state nomination thing. I would suggest wait for corrected one to arrive and use that.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks dear much appreciated. could you please provider your skype or fb ID.

Many thanks for your help.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 1:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes dear I have lodged my Review application today as per ACS instruction.

Finally as you know at the moment professions are being caped very soon and I am interested to apply to South Austrailia on 489. Therefore, Can I use this letter to get state nomination and then when I get my updated letter I will attach both assessment letter to my visa applicaiton .

is this the correct way to apply for state nomination or should i wait for the updated letter and then apply for state nomination.

Regads and thanks,
Thanks dear much appreciated. could you please provider your skype or fb ID.

Many thanks for your help.
Comments highlighted are usually reserved for talking to your wife
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Yeah but depends on where you live. :P
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

apart from this do you have anything to comment regarding the query above...
Old Jul 19th 2014, 5:30 am

apart from this do you have anything to comment regarding the query above...
I would probably wait for the ACS review as you may need to prove a certain amount of experience - and also that if you are sponsored you will be able to reach the points total