Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Old Aug 10th 2014, 6:05 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

This all information sounds very odd to me. Etisalat isn't a small name, why would a company hire anyone on higher salaries and benefits just because of their passport? What value does a certain "passport" bring to them?

Old Aug 11th 2014, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by economy_1
Are they going to give unemployment benefits?Are they going to pay Social security payments,medical benefits in case if you loose your job in Dubai?Jobs are no where guaranteed anymore. You will make a lot more than AED25000 per month inside Australia (as Australian Citizen) plus social security,lifetime medical and unemployment benefits.I cannot bear extreme hot and harsh weather of Dubai.
Most of these welfare benefits (except Medicare) would be unavailable until the OP got citizenship, ie 4-5 years time minimum.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Have they not got British passport or anything after living there for 6 years was it?
Old Aug 12th 2014, 12:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by economy_1
The company in Dubai knew that he is inexperienced and immature therefore they must have asked OP for something which will take years to bring.... Even a taxi driver in Sydney makes $4000-$5000 per month therefore you never know...
Economy, I found your post interesting because it reminds me of something that a lot of people from other countries seem to think about Australia.

I have read from people that they wouldn't consider taking a 'lower level' job in Australia - quite often these comments are from people in Pakistan or India who are looking to emigrate to Australia in the IT or accountancy fields.

What a lot of people seem to not understand is that it's quite possible for people beginning a career here as an accountant or in IT to earn far less that people doing what they think of as 'low level' jobs. There is no automatic relationship between doing a job that requires a university degree and getting a higher salary.

If we take your taxi driver example, earning around $60,000 a year (I'm assuming that's after tax, so around $80,000 before tax). A trained nurse, who has completed 4 years of university study and works in a very stressful and vital role, could start her/his career earning $30,000 less than that!

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no particular relationship between the 'status' of your job, and what you get paid for it.

I just thought this post may help clear up some misconceptions that people have about working in Australia
Old Aug 13th 2014, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Economy, I found your post interesting because it reminds me of something that a lot of people from other countries seem to think about Australia.

I have read from people that they wouldn't consider taking a 'lower level' job in Australia - quite often these comments are from people in Pakistan or India who are looking to emigrate to Australia in the IT or accountancy fields.

What a lot of people seem to not understand is that it's quite possible for people beginning a career here as an accountant or in IT to earn far less that people doing what they think of as 'low level' jobs. There is no automatic relationship between doing a job that requires a university degree and getting a higher salary.

If we take your taxi driver example, earning around $60,000 a year (I'm assuming that's after tax, so around $80,000 before tax). A trained nurse, who has completed 4 years of university study and works in a very stressful and vital role, could start her/his career earning $30,000 less than that!

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no particular relationship between the 'status' of your job, and what you get paid for it.

I just thought this post may help clear up some misconceptions that people have about working in Australia
Agreed, I left school at 16 and wont get out of bed for less that $110K at year!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

Agreed, another point is getting a AUD$40,000 per year job is very hard and stressful. Lot of AUD$40,000 per year jobs includes intense testing,rigorous hiring process, interviews and stress ful/hard work. But lot of USD$100,000 jobs are offered on single telephonic or skype interview.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Have they not got British passport or anything after living there for 6 years was it?
British passport is on sale if somebody have TierOne,TierTwo or HSMP. Within last 5-6 years lot of Doctors received British Passport through TierOne/TierTwo (which they have closed ultimately).
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:34 am
qma
Just Joined

qma is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Originally Posted by qam47
Hi,

I recently went to Dubai for the Job, I was refused only because of my Pakistani passport.

I was refused in 6 interviews only because I am Pakistani.

only small jobs were taking me with very low basic salary.

I am very much looking to change my passport to australian passport,

But no agent here is providing me exact knowledge.

My background:
  • Nationality: Pakistani
  • Studied "BSc (hons) International Business" from Brunel University London UK.
  • Studied "MSc Accounting and Finance" from Westminister University London UK.
  • 3 years experience in Pakistan as an Accountant, but not in very good company. Just a local company.

What route should I take to gain Australian Passport.
As a student or Work permit or business or is there any other easy source.
and yes I am married.

Also I would like to confirm weather I can study ACCA or CIMA from Australia and apply visa through that professional qualification as student and then apply for PR.

Please guide me.

I am looking for the quickest way for the Australian Passport.
Sorry bro, whatever is your name I don't agree with you for this kind of discrimination against Pakistan or its citizen. I have been in region for almost a decade on Pakistani passport and Alhamdulillah have seen Pakistanis growing and excelling in their careers during their stay in Gulf with their sole education from Pakistan.

To be frank and honest, either your qualification are not up to the mark or your experience I have seen a lot of people (like you) who always blame their country of citizenship for their own failure!!
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough

Brother, you should be ashamed whatever you have said about your home country and put all the blame on Pakistan. Remember one thing, if you cant respect yourself, no one is going to respect you ever even you become Australian or whatever. I am also Pakistani and been here in Australia for more than 2 years now Alhamdulillah but I am proud to be Pakistani and my identity is Pakistan. And I also understand that situation is not looking good overall in Pakistan but you have no right to discuss all these things here just because you were not able to get job in Dubai.

regards
Fahad
Old Aug 26th 2014, 4:17 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of