Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Old Aug 3rd 2014, 11:02 am
Just Joined

qam47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Hi,

I recently went to Dubai for the Job, I was refused only because of my Pakistani passport.

I was refused in 6 interviews only because I am Pakistani.

only small jobs were taking me with very low basic salary.

I am very much looking to change my passport to australian passport,

But no agent here is providing me exact knowledge.

My background:
  • Nationality: Pakistani
  • Studied "BSc (hons) International Business" from Brunel University London UK.
  • Studied "MSc Accounting and Finance" from Westminister University London UK.
  • 3 years experience in Pakistan as an Accountant, but not in very good company. Just a local company.

What route should I take to gain Australian Passport.
As a student or Work permit or business or is there any other easy source.
and yes I am married.

Also I would like to confirm weather I can study ACCA or CIMA from Australia and apply visa through that professional qualification as student and then apply for PR.

Please guide me.

I am looking for the quickest way for the Australian Passport.

Last edited by qam47; Aug 3rd 2014 at 12:43 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 11:05 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Route for Australian passport for Pakistani

Start here:

Category:Australia : British Expat Wiki

I don't think it will be even remotely easy or quick. Just FYI.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 11:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qam47
Hi,

I recently went to Dubai for the Job, I was refused only because of my Pakistani passport.

My background:
  • 3 years experience in Pakistan as an Accountant, but not in very good company. Just a local company.

and yes I am married.

Also I would like to confirm weather I can study ACCA or CIMA from Australia and apply visa through that professional qualification as student and then apply for PR.

Please guide me.

If you are Pakistani I wouldn't think there is a way to get an Australian Passport currently?

If you want to study accounting here, you can apply for a student visa, but international fees are high and there is no path from student to PR.

If you already have the skills to apply for a skilled visa, you would need to get them assessed and pass the points test. If successful, after 4 years in Australia you would be able to apply for citizenship and then an Australian passport so probably all in all, about 6 years down the track from now.

Not sure of the cost of a skills assessment as an accountant, the visa cost for you and your spouse would be a little over $5000 and more if you have children. You'd also need medicals, police checks, etc if you do qualify.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My background:

and yes I am married.

Please guide me.

Are you serious;y asking how to get an Australian passport, just so that you can get a job in Dubai - not even in Australia? Words fail me........
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your kind support

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Are you serious;y asking how to get an Australian passport, just so that you can get a job in Dubai - not even in Australia? Words fail me........
When I was being interviewed by Etisalat telecom company.
they said "If you were to hold any other english country passport like America, Canada, Europe, UK, Australia". they would give me the Job this instant and with the starting salary of AED 25000 per month. and after one year benefits including Car and flat in dubai city.

And currently only small companies giving me job with maximum salary only AED 3000 per month with no benefits.

Its not that I dont want to work in Australia, Its just that I have never been there so I cant comment on their job status.

I am more focus on switching my passport because our country is getting worse day by day. Its been started to consider equal to Afghanistan and lot of terrorism act in Pakistan making really hard to do jobs and business in Pakistan, the life here is almost dead. You are always in problems here which can not be solved for years.

worth of my qualification here in Pakistan is Zero. And for abroad, I am Pakistani and would be last in the line of selection.

anyways, I want to get out of here and settle my family somewhere else even if it takes 3 to 4 years.

I have lived in UK for 6 years and life there was without problems, everything was straight and I enjoyed living there.

However, recently I tried to apply for entrepreneur visa in UK but was refused, their rules are getting stricter every day. thus I am looking somewhere else.

the next best option seemed to be Australia.
But this time I am targeting passport.

that is why i need help and guidance.

Last edited by qam47; Aug 3rd 2014 at 12:45 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you are Pakistani I wouldn't think there is a way to get an Australian Passport currently?

If you want to study accounting here, you can apply for a student visa, but international fees are high and there is no path from student to PR.

If you already have the skills to apply for a skilled visa, you would need to get them assessed and pass the points test. If successful, after 4 years in Australia you would be able to apply for citizenship and then an Australian passport so probably all in all, about 6 years down the track from now.

Not sure of the cost of a skills assessment as an accountant, the visa cost for you and your spouse would be a little over $5000 and more if you have children. You'd also need medicals, police checks, etc if you do qualify.
Hi Thanks for your answer.

I have done little research and I guess you are talking about subclass 189.

this assessment test, will it consider the experience in a local company.
and what documents do we have to show them regarding job and experience.

I was also reading in their official site that they have limited amounts of invitations to give to an Accountant. which are quoted to 1250 per year starting from june.
and this quota has been filled this year thus no more applications will be considered for this year.

Last edited by qam47; Aug 3rd 2014 at 12:48 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

they said "If you were to hold any other english country passport like America, Canada, Europe, UK, Australia". they would give me the Job this instant and with the starting salary of AED 25000 per month. and after one year benefits including Car and flat in dubai city.

And currently only small companies giving me job with maximum salary only AED 3000 per month with no benefits.

Its not that I dont want to work in Australia, Its just that I have never been there so I cant comment on their job status.

I am more focus on switching my passport because our country is getting worse day by day. Its been started to consider equal to Afghanistan and lot of terrorism act in Pakistan making really hard to do jobs and business in Pakistan, the life here is almost dead. You are always in problems here which can not be solved for years.

worth of my qualification here in Pakistan is Zero. And for abroad, I am Pakistani and would be last in the line of selection.

anyways, I want to get out of here and settle my family somewhere else even if it takes 3 to 4 years.

I have lived in UK for 6 years and life there was without problems, everything was straight and I enjoyed living there.

However, recently I tried to apply for entrepreneur visa in UK but was refused, their rules are getting stricter every day. thus I am looking somewhere else.

You can't just 'switch your passport' - if you qualify for an Australian visa, it could take a year or so to come through, especially with security checks, being from a high risk country. You then need to live in Aus for at least 4 years before you qualify for citizenship, under the current rules. So you need to be aware its a long process and the rules can change at any time.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 6:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thanks for your answer.

I have done little research and I guess you are talking about subclass 189.

this assessment test, will it consider the experience in a local company.
and what documents do we have to show them regarding job and experience.

I was also reading in their official site that they have limited amounts of invitations to give to an Accountant. which are quoted to 1250 per year starting from june.
and this quota has been filled this year thus no more applications will be considered for this year.

Only a certain number of invitations are issued per round, and accountants have been placed under pro rata conditions due to the high level of interest.

To see if you can pass the skills assessment have a look here - Migration assessment

To see if you can pass the points test and other criteria, check here - Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My background:

and yes I am married.

Please guide me.

You cannot just apply for an Australian passport, you would have to get a permanent visa first, then live here for four years minimum before you could get a passport.

I don't really get the logic anyway, you are still who you are. I applied for my Australian citizenship last month, but if somebody was not giving out jobs because they were prejudiced against British then I don't see how me waving an Australian passport would help. I am still British and it would be patently obvious that I am the minute I open. My mouth and speak.

Anyway. To get to Australia as a permanent resident, you could carry on ad you are, working as an accountant and start studying towards an accounting qualification. You might get some exemptions with the studying you have done. I would recommend CIMA as it has mutual recognition with the Australian CPA.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My background:

and yes I am married.

Please guide me.

Quickest way will take 6-8 years and you must live inside Australia for 4-5 years.Better stay in Dubai on salary you are offered and after 8 years (working) you will automatically get better pay/benefits ( being local experienced).
Old Aug 10th 2014, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Are they going to give unemployment benefits?Are they going to pay Social security payments,medical benefits in case if you loose your job in Dubai?Jobs are no where guaranteed anymore. You will make a lot more than AED25000 per month inside Australia (as Australian Citizen) plus social security,lifetime medical and unemployment benefits.I cannot bear extreme hot and harsh weather of Dubai.

Last edited by economy_1; Aug 10th 2014 at 5:15 am.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by economy_1
Are they going to give unemployment benefits?Are they going to pay Social security payments,medical benefits in case if you loose your job in Dubai?Jobs are no where guaranteed anymore. You will make a lot more than AED25000 per month inside Australia (as Australian Citizen) plus social security,lifetime medical and unemployment benefits.I cannot bear extreme hot and harsh weather of Dubai.
Make a lot more than AED 25,000 a month? That is about $7,300 take home pay (as I assume the Dubai salary is tax free) which means about $130k per year. A relatively inexperienced accountant like the OP would not be earning this kind of money in Australia, nowhere near.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Make a lot more than AED 25,000 a month? That is about $7,300 take home pay (as I assume the Dubai salary is tax free) which means about $130k per year. A relatively inexperienced accountant like the OP would not be earning this kind of money in Australia, nowhere near.
The OP also claimed that after a year, he would receive a car and a flat in Dubai.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by teejaydee
The OP also claimed that after a year, he would receive a car and a flat in Dubai.
Well it sounds like a reasonable deal in Dubai then compared to Australia.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The company in Dubai knew that he is inexperienced and immature therefore they must have asked OP for something which will take years to bring.... Even a taxi driver in Sydney makes $4000-$5000 per month therefore you never know...

Last edited by economy_1; Aug 10th 2014 at 5:58 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.