Remark IELTS

Old Jul 6th 2014, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Salem Ghanim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remark IELTS

Oh in Europe and took 11 weeks !! u r not that far from UK. I applied for remark 5 weeks ago and I live in Uk so I guess I have long time to wait. Thank u man !!!
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

samir1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Salem Ghanim

I asked for remark and I am still waiting hopefully
Old Jul 17th 2014, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Samir, Any luck? it is been almost 7 weeks now and i heard nothing from them till now? when have u applied for a remark?
Old Jul 24th 2014, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Samir, have u known ur remark result, it has been almost 8 weeks and yet they haven't contacted me yet, I thought it will not take that time esp i live in Uk
Old Jul 31st 2014, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Finally received my remark, I was searching online for ages to know how long exactly it takes so I will give you the details of my experience, I applied for it in UK and it took exactly 8 weeks and 3 days. Hope this info help someone.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Happymitho is an unknown quantity at this point

Any luck with the EOR ?
Old Dec 26th 2014, 1:23 am
Just Joined

sjy1225 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I was hoping to ask what might be a rather silly question
I sat my IELTS in Dec 2014 and received band 9 in all but the writing - which was a band 7. I needed band 8's in all 4 areas to satisfy the points system. Given my overall score was 8.5, has anyone here approached immigration/ heard of anyone approaching immigration with an issue similar to mine? (to see if they will budge at all taking my overall score into consideration)
And any advice on re-marking of the exam given such a large discrepancy of my test results?
The thought of re-sitting this exam kills me!!!

Jen
Old Dec 26th 2014, 2:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjy1225
Hi guys,

I was hoping to ask what might be a rather silly question
I sat my IELTS in Dec 2014 and received band 9 in all but the writing - which was a band 7. I needed band 8's in all 4 areas to satisfy the points system. Given my overall score was 8.5, has anyone here approached immigration/ heard of anyone approaching immigration with an issue similar to mine? (to see if they will budge at all taking my overall score into consideration)
And any advice on re-marking of the exam given such a large discrepancy of my test results?
The thought of re-sitting this exam kills me!!!

Jen
There will be no budging on the all 8's but may be worth asking for a remark - or just have a look at sample writing pieces and practice, and give the test another go
Old Apr 11th 2015, 2:11 am
Just Joined

rnajefelipe is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think this will be worth for remarking:

LISTENING 7.5
READING 7
WRITING 6
SPEAKING 7

I need 7 in all components. And I really felt bad about this. Any suggestions. Thank you.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

kami_71 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very difficult for anyone to advice about remarking except the trained IELTS teacher who has assessed you writing.

I was also in the same boat few months back, desperately trying for 7 each. Just to encourage you, i would like to share my experience. I did twice appear in jan 2015 IELTS, and both times got L-8 R-8 W-6.5 S-7, and applied for remarking both tests.
First test remarking didn't bring any things positive, and totally lost hope. But the second test remarking has raised my writing from 6.5 to 7.

I conclude that there are some short comings in my writing and I work hard to minimize them. Therefore, take help from experience Cambridge Certified Trainer and follow his advice. Secondly, it is commonly believed that 0.5 raise could be possible in most of the cases.

Hence, whether to go for remarking should be taken on the basis of evaluation of your writing rather than the results of other areas like listening, reading and speaking.