Remark IELTS

Old May 23rd 2014, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

samir1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Remark IELTS

Hi All,
I have received my IELTS result and I got Listening 7.0 Reading 7.0 Speaking 7.0 Writing 6.5. Unfortunately, I need 7 each.
Do you think I should ask for remarking for writing? I am a a little bit worried if I ask for remark again, they will decrease my mark . Are they allowed to increase marks only or decrease also??

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:02 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remark IELTS

Originally Posted by samir1986
Hi All,
I have received my IELTS result and I got Listening 7.0 Reading 7.0 Speaking 7.0 Writing 6.5. Unfortunately, I need 7 each.
Do you think I should ask for remarking for writing? I am a a little bit worried if I ask for remark again, they will decrease my mark . Are they allowed to increase marks only or decrease also??

Thanks
Writing is one of the tests that can be affected by a remark - but I believe marks can go down as well as up. If you need 7.0 though then you either need a remark and hope for the best - or take the test again.
Old May 24th 2014, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

I've heard of someone who moved up half a grade in a remark (i.e. 7 to 7.5). However, it took nearly 7 weeks for the regrade to be completed! Hope you're not in a rush!
Old May 24th 2014, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

It takes nearly 13 weeks to get the re-mark results, given the circumstances in my opinion it would be better to go for the re-mark option if you have spare time to wait and see.

If you are running tight with time, then go for a another shot and get over it.

Cheers,
PB
Old May 24th 2014, 8:14 am
Just Joined

samir1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. Time is not what concerns me. I want to be sure that they are not allowed in remark to reduce the score to relieve
Old May 24th 2014, 8:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samir1986
Thanks guys. Time is not what concerns me. I want to be sure that they are not allowed in remark to reduce the score to relieve
If you need 7.0, then what does it matter if they reduce the score on a remark. If they do or if they do not increase it, you will have to do IELTS again if you need 7.0. If you do not need 7.0, then go with what you've got.
Old May 25th 2014, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Yes! either case you have to do IELTS, so what's that point in worrying?

Go for the remark and hope for the best, if they increase it then it's Jackpot!! if not re-take the exam, simple as that.

by the way something is better than nothing isn't it?

Cheers,
PB
Old May 25th 2014, 12:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peaceboy
It takes nearly 13 weeks to get the re-mark results, given the circumstances in my opinion it would be better to go for the re-mark option if you have spare time to wait and see.

If you are running tight with time, then go for a another shot and get over it.

Cheers,
PB
Hi peaceboy! Just wanted to help you with something - you've used the term 'get over it' a few times. I think what you're meaning to say is 'get it over with'.

'Get over it' is what you say to someone when you think they're talking nonsense and they're annoying you.
Old May 26th 2014, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi peaceboy! Just wanted to help you with something - you've used the term 'get over it' a few times. I think what you're meaning to say is 'get it over with'.

'Get over it' is what you say to someone when you think they're talking nonsense and they're annoying you.
Thanks for the clarification, I meant "Get Over The Hurdle"
Old May 27th 2014, 9:46 am
Just Joined

abc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud of

I hope they can change the system to accept overall results for the points test instead of the least point out of the four components. Someone may be rejected for scoring 9 for all three components but a 6 in one component.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Salem Ghanim is an unknown quantity at this point

Samir,
Would u plz update us on what happened to ur remark and how long exactly did it take? Thank you.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:56 am
Just Joined

cam120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I took the test in Belgium and scored as followed

L. 9
R. 9
W. 6.5
S. 7.5

Overall 8

I needed 7 in each subtest and was confident that my writing was worth a 7 so I requested a re-marking for writing.

After 11 weeks, I got the result and my mark was increased from 6.5 to 7 so I would recommend to anybody who's doubtful (and has time!) to request a re-marking
Old Jul 6th 2014, 11:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cam120
Hello all

I took the test in Belgium and scored as followed

L. 9
R. 9
W. 6.5
S. 7.5

Overall 8

I needed 7 in each subtest and was confident that my writing was worth a 7 so I requested a re-marking for writing.

After 11 weeks, I got the result and my mark was increased from 6.5 to 7 so I would recommend to anybody who's doubtful (and has time!) to request a re-marking

With your very high marks in reading and listening, you obviously have a very good understanding of the English language. Glad your remark was successful.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jul 6th 2014 at 11:17 am.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Salem Ghanim is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh that's weird as I read that if there is more than 2 bands diff in any 2 domains, they will automatically recheck it. They don't do their job properly I guess. Do u mind if u tell me where u took the exam as 11 weeks is quite a long time. Thank you and congrats

Last edited by Salem Ghanim; Jul 6th 2014 at 12:32 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

cam120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salem Ghanim
Oh that's weird as I read that if there is more than 2 bands diff in any 2 domains, they will automatically recheck it. They don't do their job properly I guess. Do u mind if u tell me where u took the exam as 11 weeks is quite a long time. Thank you and congrats
I know right? I read that too but apparently it depends on centres... To be verified though...

I took the test in Brussels, Belgium.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.