Prospective marriage visa - advice

Old Jul 17th 2014, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

kim004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prospective marriage visa - advice

Hi

I am a British citizen and my boyfriend an Australian citizen. We met whilst I was on a 2 yr whv and we were got into a relationship and lived together for 6 months before my visa ended. I then came home in oct 2013 and we have stayed together. Upon my return in april 14 to visit him he proposed and we decided upon a PMV. I have alot of finer details to attend to in the uk like getting myself out of debt. The quickest time this realistically can be done is not until june 2015. So we are aiming for for jul/aug that I return with visits in between. I understand processing times are up to 9 month's. However if I were to process and get complete in 3 months could I still Wait until I am financially ready. In terms of work, would any employer accept me on the Pmv? Would it make life easier getting married straight way and getting work on a spouse bridging visa? That being said would my spouse visa be approved if we got married straight away as we wouldn't have sufficient proof of living together etc. Having just come over on the PMV and got married straight away. Also if possible could you explain the process of applying for Pmv, approval and applying of spouse visa. Thanks

Kim
Old Jul 18th 2014, 11:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospective marriage visa - advice

Originally Posted by kim004
Hi

I am a British citizen and my boyfriend an Australian citizen. We met whilst I was on a 2 yr whv and we were got into a relationship and lived together for 6 months before my visa ended. I then came home in oct 2013 and we have stayed together. Upon my return in april 14 to visit him he proposed and we decided upon a PMV. I have alot of finer details to attend to in the uk like getting myself out of debt. The quickest time this realistically can be done is not until june 2015. So we are aiming for for jul/aug that I return with visits in between. I understand processing times are up to 9 month's. However if I were to process and get complete in 3 months could I still Wait until I am financially ready. In terms of work, would any employer accept me on the Pmv? Would it make life easier getting married straight way and getting work on a spouse bridging visa? That being said would my spouse visa be approved if we got married straight away as we wouldn't have sufficient proof of living together etc. Having just come over on the PMV and got married straight away. Also if possible could you explain the process of applying for Pmv, approval and applying of spouse visa. Thanks

Kim
Firstly, barring a miracle you won't get it in 3 months, processing on all Spouse Visas from the UK is around the 9 month mark.

Yes you could come for visits while waiting for the grant, just let your Case Officer know.

If you get married and apply for a Spouse Visa straight away you don't need any proof of living together before the marriage.

You have full working rights on a PMV, same as on a Spouse Visa, and many of us have found jobs as soon as we arrived on PMVs.

Details on applying for a PMV are here - Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)
Old Jul 18th 2014, 11:21 am
Just Joined

kim004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospective marriage visa - advice

Thank you so much!