Medical & Police Check for Partner Visa

Old Jul 20th 2014, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Location: Cheshire for now, Geelong area soon, for the moment anyway!! lol
BagManRich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical & Police Check for Partner Visa

Hi All,

Just a few questions in relation to my soon to be submitted Visa Application, hope someone can offer a few pointers!!

- before submitting my application, do I get the Police Check and submit this with the application????

- I am reading the application, and it appears that the Health/Medical Check needs to be done after the application has been submitted and I have been assigned a eMedical Client Number. Am I reading this correctly??

- Also, on another point, am I correct in assuming I am applying for a subclass 100 visa based on the fact my wife is Australian and we want to move there permanently with our kids??

Many Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2014, 12:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical & Police Check for Partner Visa

Originally Posted by BagManRich
Hi All,

Just a few questions in relation to my soon to be submitted Visa Application, hope someone can offer a few pointers!!

- before submitting my application, do I get the Police Check and submit this with the application????

- I am reading the application, and it appears that the Health/Medical Check needs to be done after the application has been submitted and I have been assigned a eMedical Client Number. Am I reading this correctly??

- Also, on another point, am I correct in assuming I am applying for a subclass 100 visa based on the fact my wife is Australian and we want to move there permanently with our kids??

Many Thanks
Police checks have a validity of 12 months, and processing a spouse visa is around 8 or 9 months so if you submit the police check early on when the visa is granted you would have very little time to validate. The same would be true of the medical. Always best to wait to provide these - your CO should ask near the end of processing so you have maximum time to validate the visa or move.

The visa you apply for is 309 I think - the provisional part of the spouse visa but others will know for certain
Old Jul 21st 2014, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Hi old sparkles,

Thanks so much for the reply. Makes perfect sense. One less thing to think about as I'll be told when to do the required tests.

Thanks again, and now just got to get forms signed and off.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 8:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You just apply for Spouse - offshore or Spouse - onshore, depending on whether you are actually in Australia or not.
If you are offshore then its 309/100. You would get a 100 (perm visa) straightaway as long as you have been married 2 years, with kid(s). Othewise you get a 309 (temp visa) for the first two years.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Hi Pollyanna,

Thanks for the info. I was a but unsure as some of the stuff you reads does seem to contradict itself. Then again that maybe just me looking too deeply into things.

Just another thing while I am thinking in the subject, when I send off all if the required forms, certified copies etc of everything, do I also send off my actual valid passport at this stage or not??

Many thanks as ever, I really appreciate all you knowledge and help.

The move is getting closer and closer.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bearing in mind the current UK timeline of 8-9 months, no, send a certified copy.

Also, be aware that Aus now charges for visa labels, they prefer to work electronically, so unless you specifically need a label, just keep your passport. When the visa is granted they send a grant letter by email, and then your visa is electronically attached to your passport. When you produce the passport at Immigration, or airline checkin, the visa will be visible to the staff online.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

phillips_75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, thanks for the info in here. I've made an online application - am I right in thinking that the clinic will send the results of my medical directly to the authorities?

And for the police check, they say that needs to be an original document, so presumably you still need to post that one in (even when your application is made online)?
Old Sep 8th 2014, 3:29 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by phillips_75
Hi all, thanks for the info in here. I've made an online application - am I right in thinking that the clinic will send the results of my medical directly to the authorities?

And for the police check, they say that needs to be an original document, so presumably you still need to post that one in (even when your application is made online)?
Yes, the medical will be sent direct to the CO, and yes, they want the original pcc
Old Sep 8th 2014, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help Pollyanna, appreciate it :-)

Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) document checklist

It does say on the checklist (linked above) that we need to write our names on the back of our passport photos...does that also mean I need to post them off? Sorry if that is a daft question, I'm just checking that it's not a mistake on their part / relic from the paper application era that hasn't been updated.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 7:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you apply online then a decent colour scan of your original police certificates uploaded to your Immi account will suffice. If you apply on paper then they'll want your original certificates posted in.

As for passport photos, if you're applied online, then again just scan them.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 7:52 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you apply online then a decent colour scan of your original police certificates uploaded to your Immi account will suffice. If you apply on paper then they'll want your original certificates posted in.

As for passport photos, if you're applied online, then again just scan them.
A couple of recent applicants have been asked to forward the original police checks as well - this is for Spouse Visas - may be down to the individual CO, but its certainly happened to some recently. They have been told the colour scan wasn't sufficient!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 8:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A couple of recent applicants have been asked to forward the original police checks as well - this is for Spouse Visas - may be down to the individual CO, but its certainly happened to some recently. They have been told the colour scan wasn't sufficient!
Interesting. It does somewhat defeat the point of a paperless online application. COs do have a lot of discretion however. Be interesting to know whether those who were asked to send in originals have previous criminal convictions.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 8:51 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Interesting. It does somewhat defeat the point of a paperless online application. COs do have a lot of discretion however. Be interesting to know whether those who were asked to send in originals have previous criminal convictions.
Certainly the three I know of had no convictions, and had already provided colour scans.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I'm finding the whole process a little confusing...it does seem strange that they've moved to online but still want hard copies of some things.

My (Aussie) other half has permanent leave to remain in the UK on the basis of our relationship, so it's kind of similar to the De Facto visa we're going for. We drove up to the immigration office in Glasgow with a load of paperwork in the car, and got it done there and then - it was so much easier!
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by phillips_75
Yeah I'm finding the whole process a little confusing...it does seem strange that they've moved to online but still want hard copies of some things.

My (Aussie) other half has permanent leave to remain in the UK on the basis of our relationship, so it's kind of similar to the De Facto visa we're going for. We drove up to the immigration office in Glasgow with a load of paperwork in the car, and got it done there and then - it was so much easier!
Australia House in London used to offer a service like that - my original visa was granted over the counter in 40 minutes....but thats a long time ago, and things have changed greatly. The online application for Spouse is very new, and I suspect it will soon all become electronic rather than hardcopy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.