892 State Sponsored Residence

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

andersonfamily is on a distinguished road
Default 892 State Sponsored Residence

have had 163 for 4 years now going for pr on the 892 lots of information for anyone who is about to do this.... still waiting for our decision from diac.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:06 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 892 State Sponsored Residence

Originally Posted by andersonfamily
have had 163 for 4 years now going for pr on the 892 lots of information for anyone who is about to do this.... still waiting for our decision from diac.
Hi there,

Our application is in as well at the moment. CO wants LOTS of info, but hopefully we should be OK.

What's your business?

Jules x
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

we have a charter bus and coach business with school run contracts, we originally came out with an internet travel business from the uk but found we would not make the targets so had to change. Still using internet travel experience in the new business which has grown our turnover considerably. Its a long wait and 4 years of stress always working towards that goal but as the email came in with those fantastic words PR granted, i can say thank god now we can get on with our life, our job, and our kids are not stressing out they may have to go back to the uk. I really hope you get yours soon, fingers crossed.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:40 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks alot - me too

We've met all the criteria, it's just getting it in front of your CO in the right format for them to read, I guess.

How long are you waiting to apply for citizenship? May as well get all the stress and paying out over with in one hit

Good luck with the business - hope you grow and grow

Jules x
Old Jan 8th 2009, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Hi Jules
I have read in the midst of all the websites that we can apply after one year having had the temporary visa for 4 years, so hopefully i have read correctly and want to do it next xmas so we are in time for australia day 2010 which will make my kids happy and me well and truly an aussie. What about you .
However have been on diac and its well and truly confusing on the citizenship page.
Alison
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andersonfamily
Hi Jules
I have read in the midst of all the websites that we can apply after one year having had the temporary visa for 4 years, so hopefully i have read correctly and want to do it next xmas so we are in time for australia day 2010 which will make my kids happy and me well and truly an aussie. What about you .
However have been on diac and its well and truly confusing on the citizenship page.
Alison
Your understanding is correct ... 3 years temporary + 1 year permanent is ok.
However, processing time can take anywhere between 3-9 months normally. It is unlikely you will be Australian by 26 January 2010.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 2:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's currently about a 7 week wait for the test dates, then about 3-6 months for a ceremony. My husband booked his test last week and they gave him a date for 12th February. He asked about ceremony dates and they said probably around May/June. We're in Perth metro area.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info regarding citizenship looks like it will be sometime in 2010, but thats fine after waiting nearly 5 years for the PR whats another year and a half, just glad to be staying at the end of the day. thanks alison