Medicals - Help required

Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - Help required

Hi all

I have had a look through previous threads but have been unable to find the answers to my questions. Some may think these questions are simple to answer but I want to get it right so please bare with me - THANKS

I have been looking through the forms for our medicals (form 26) and was wondering

1) Q16 - b - if you have ever had hospital treatment - do you need to put all hospital treatment from birth or just to go back 5 -10 years

2) Q16 - b -treatment - is it for major treatment - broken bones , stitches etc or does it have to include sprains and bumps etc

3) Q16 - i - infectious diseases - does this include chicken pox and measles

4) Q16 - l - any illness, injury or medical condition - would this include stress if not which question would I answer this in - the reason being about 8+ years ago I was having problems at work and the doctor signed me off sick with stress for nearly 6 months, I was not on any medication etc but was wondering if I need to mention it

5) Q17 - one for the ladies this question - did you put down birth control or not for this question

Again thankyou for taking the time to read all this and thanks in advance for any advice given

Louisa
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals - Help required

Hi Louisa,

Only just seen your thread, I would think to mention any ongoing treatment or operations etc, (I will mention that I had a D & C when I had a miscarriage 16 years ago), so if there are any operations then mention them, as far as infectious diseases again I think they mean TB stuff like that not so much childhood illnesses. Now for the stress its up to you, they do not ask your GP for a report and if you were not on any medication and it has not occurred again I wouldn't bother! (There maybe someone out there who disagrees with me on my responses).

Good luck Claire x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - I am just about to start our forms as we have our meds next week. However, unlike Claire, our Meds centre asked for a summary copy of our medical records. Not sure if this is standard? So I am just copying everything from the summary. If it isn't on there, then the GP obviously considers it of no importance.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

thanks for the replies

only had the one operation - arthroscopy on my knee after I dislocated it nearly 11 years ago and the stress has never bothered me since (unless you can include looking after the kids), had a couple of minor injuries which have required stitches would I need to mention them and would my O/H have to mention when he has had welding flash and had hospital treatment to remove minute pieces of metal from his eyes

Also how do you get a copy of a summary of your medical records - do you do this through your doctors or through the local medical records department

thanks again

Louisa
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lazylou123
Hi

thanks for the replies

only had the one operation - arthroscopy on my knee after I dislocated it nearly 11 years ago and the stress has never bothered me since (unless you can include looking after the kids), had a couple of minor injuries which have required stitches would I need to mention them and would my O/H have to mention when he has had welding flash and had hospital treatment to remove minute pieces of metal from his eyes

Also how do you get a copy of a summary of your medical records - do you do this through your doctors or through the local medical records department

thanks again

Louisa
Hi Louisa,

I just went into our GPs and asked for a summary. It cost us £10 for the 3 of us. I photocopied it to take to Oz with us too. It is just a summary of the major ops, illnesses, vaccinations, treatments etc. I think the last 3-4 years are a bit more detailed. I had 3 ops as a child and they are just one line - blah blah op - successful.

I would mention any treatment you had in hospital. My daughter sprained her ankle and went to a&e and I put that down. However - I am just like you and guessing - I decided that providing all the info I could was the best policy.

Did you just post that you are having your xray tomorrow? We are too and our form doesn't ask for occupation??? It's the onle produced automatically online. I guess they know we won't be doing any 'at risk' occupations for TB.