Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Any other views?
In the email that I received after submitting online application they have asked for form-80.
i think it is always better to submit form 80, as it will save time for CO to review ur case...if u have not submitted, he would most probably ask for it, better to be proactive instead of reactive....
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shah
i submitted seperate forms, as on top of form 80 nd 1221, it says for applicants over 18 years of age...i think there is no harm in submitting seperate forms, infact, even better to do so...
You have to submit separate forms for each person in the application over 18.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not have any document to prove the date of birth for some of my non-migrating, non-dependent family memebers. However, it was mandatory to provide this info during online 175 application submission. Hence I provided the info to the best of my knowledge. It was not required to submit any proof for this data. However, to avoid any conflict later, I decided to submit form 1023 (notification of incorrect answers). In this form I am mentioning the same reason what I wrote above.

Am I on right track or it's not required?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:36 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not have any document to prove the date of birth for some of my non-migrating, non-dependent family memebers. However, it was mandatory to provide this info during online 175 application submission. Hence I provided the info to the best of my knowledge. It was not required to submit any proof for this data. However, to avoid any conflict later, I decided to submit form 1023 (notification of incorrect answers). In this form I am mentioning the same reason what I wrote above.

There's no need to post the same thing on multiple threads. I imagine someone will be along to give you an answer at some point.

If you don't have the documents, you don't have the documents. Have you informed your CO? It seems odd to fill in a notification of incorrect answers when you have no evidence that they were incorrect. I would think that it could confuse matters further (just an opinion though).
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

moderator is correct, dont think it should be a problem....no need to submit form 1023 i presume
Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:55 am
Just Joined

srajeevkumar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, Since the subject line says GSM 175 Applications from Jan till June 2012, I thought I shall briefly mention about my application for GSM 175. Submitted on the 9th of April 2012 and got a case worker allocated on the 7th of June 2012. I am currently undergoing character and medical checks etc. Was so impressed by the speed of things so far.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:27 am
Just Joined

srajeevkumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Officer TODAY! 175 Applied 30th May

Congratulations to you for being lucky to get this allocated so fast. I applied on the 9th of April and got a CO allocated on the 7th of June. Was impressed that mine was fast, but looks like your's is super fast. I applied as a Systems Analyst. Under what SOL occupation did you apply ?
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srajeevkumar
Hi All, Since the subject line says GSM 175 Applications from Jan till June 2012, I thought I shall briefly mention about my application for GSM 175. Submitted on the 9th of April 2012 and got a case worker allocated on the 7th of June 2012. I am currently undergoing character and medical checks etc. Was so impressed by the speed of things so far.
congrats srajeev....i wonder how you interpret the allocating dates? i mean like currently, it says for Group 4 priority, 23rd December 2011. Does this mean that the applicants who have applied til 23rd December are being or have been allocated COs?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost the end... My visa was granted on Friday (29th June), just shy of 24 weeks after applying. Very exciting, but a little overwhelming as we were not expecting to be going this year.

My date of entry is 12/12/12, so lots to sort out before going near the end of the year (hoping we can make a straight move and not have to do a validation trip). Hopefully good news on the horizon for a lot of other people who are near the end of the process.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting on my Police Check from the Australian Federal Police. I sent the paper work off to them 4 weeks ago. Thanks to a computer upgrade their criminal record checks are taking longer to turn around at the moment.

IMPORTANT: APPLICANTS FOR NATIONAL POLICE CHECKS ARE ADVISED THAT DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THERE IS CURRENTLY A SIGNIFICANT DELAY IN PROCESSING APPLICATIONS. WORK IS CURRENTLY BEING UNDERTAKEN TO ADDRESS THESE DELAYS.

APPLICANTS ARE FURTHER ADVISED THAT DUE TO AN INCREASE IN TELEPHONE CALLS TO THIS OFFICE REGARDING OUTSTANDING APPLICATIONS DELAYS OF UP TO 60 MINUTES ARE BEING EXPERIENCED BY CALLERS.

IF POSSIBLE PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL WITH YOUR ENQUIRY, INCLUDING YOUR FULL NAME , DATE OF BIRTH AND PAYMENT REFERENCE (CHEQUE OR MONEY ORDER NUMBER). EMAILS SHOULD BE SENT TO [email protected]
Naturally having sent an email I haven't heard anything back, I guess they are focusing on catching up on the back log rather than wasting time reassuring those waiting. Has anyone had an AFP police check recently. How long were you waiting?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie83
I'm waiting on my Police Check from the Australian Federal Police. I sent the paper work off to them 4 weeks ago. Thanks to a computer upgrade their criminal record checks are taking longer to turn around at the moment.

Naturally having sent an email I haven't heard anything back, I guess they are focusing on catching up on the back log rather than wasting time reassuring those waiting. Has anyone had an AFP police check recently. How long were you waiting?
I've heard that its at least a 6 week turnaround at present; I've been waiting 5 so far, I'm not even going to think about panicking till it gets to 8. The very fact they now have that warning on their website indicates they have a big backlog.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyana. My dad is coming down at the beginning of August so I have a couple of weeks off work. I was hoping all would be sorted with the PR by then as it would be a good opportunity to nip overseas. I won't hold my breath given that you've waited 6 weeks for your police check already.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:40 am
Just Joined

xubeynalym is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I joined because I was following it since quiet long.

Let me brief you with my case. I have applied for GSM175 (paper-based) on 26-Jun-2012 and my application was received at DIAC Adelaide office on 29-Jun-2012 at 3pm. I cleared and submitted both as evidence, my ACS (Skill assessment) and IELTS (7+ in each module). I am Software Engineer (261313) and applied for the similar profession. I have submitted certified copies of my passport, birth certificate, education certificates, reference letters, national id card, marriage certificate, and all these were submitted alongwith the transalations wherever required. I submitted the same for my wife as she is appearing as secondary applicant in my case.

With all the experts around, I just wanted to share my case so that I can get few suggestions and improve it where ever its possible. Furthermore, I am also worried about the response from them as I haven't received any as yet. Its suppose to be an acknowledgement letter/email. Does anyone of you can suggest me the approximate/average time they take in acknowledging the paper based GSM175 application.

Thanks
<-xubeynalym->
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xubeynalym
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I joined because I was following it since quiet long.

Let me brief you with my case. I have applied for GSM175 (paper-based) on 26-Jun-2012 and my application was received at DIAC Adelaide office on 29-Jun-2012 at 3pm. I cleared and submitted both as evidence, my ACS (Skill assessment) and IELTS (7+ in each module). I am Software Engineer (261313) and applied for the similar profession. I have submitted certified copies of my passport, birth certificate, education certificates, reference letters, national id card, marriage certificate, and all these were submitted alongwith the transalations wherever required. I submitted the same for my wife as she is appearing as secondary applicant in my case.

With all the experts around, I just wanted to share my case so that I can get few suggestions and improve it where ever its possible. Furthermore, I am also worried about the response from them as I haven't received any as yet. Its suppose to be an acknowledgement letter/email. Does anyone of you can suggest me the approximate/average time they take in acknowledging the paper based GSM175 application.

Thanks
<-xubeynalym->
Wondering that paper based applications are still around that too by a software engineer
btw for online applications the ack email comes within 1-2 working days. I recevied it the same day I applied.
Don't know about paper based appl
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

xubeynalym is an unknown quantity at this point

Wondering that paper based applications are still around that too by a software engineer
btw for online applications the ack email comes within 1-2 working days. I recevied it the same day I applied.
Don't know about paper based appl
LoLzzz...actually I didn't wanted to take any chances with the credit card payment, knowing the fact that its already a deadline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.