Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Old May 19th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ken1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Originally Posted by istvan
hey folks,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been following ENS timelines for a while and just thought I share my timeline

Nomination lodged 9 April at Parramatta - have not heard anything yet

Can anyone send me a link to the timeline spreadsheet so I can update it?

cheers
its on page 12 of this thread
Old May 19th 2010, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Dirk1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, new to this forum but I know how ye are all feeling!!

My story:

I applied for ens 856 in oz. Application lodged on 2/12/09 at paramatta office through a migration agent..Because I only had a reciept of my skills assessment at the time of lodgement(a change of policy within department states that results of skills assessment had to be lodged with main application) my agent told me I had to pay a extra 1700 dollars and apply off-shore...

Disgusted, then because my application was already processed employer approved and all, case officer assigned too, she said I would have to leave the country for 2-4 weeks!

I thought a holiday to Vietnam, since I left apparently the co was takin of my file because of the backlog and my file is treated like any other offshore application... Then I was told it'll take up to 5 months!! From being told I have a case officer, all is approved, just have to leave for 2-4 weeks is some turnaround!!!

I'm a project manager, stuck in Vietnam now, dunno whether I'm comin or going!! I sent emails askin will it take weeks or months and neither co or immigration are able to give an answer!!

Does timescale start when application goes in or when I departed oz??

Anyway, hope ye enjoyed my story and sure let me know if ye have anything to add.. Chat ya..
Old May 19th 2010, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

bornfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I lodged my ENS 121 in march 2010, my nomination got approved in Feb 2010. I read this thread for March 2010 CSL applicants and some of them already have CO's!!!!! But i thought that ENS was the 1st priority!!!!! Anyone with any comments?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=march+2010
Old May 19th 2010, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

pommychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dirk1983
Hello all, new to this forum but I know how ye are all feeling!!

My story:

I applied for ens 856 in oz. Application lodged on 2/12/09 at paramatta office through a migration agent..Because I only had a reciept of my skills assessment at the time of lodgement(a change of policy within department states that results of skills assessment had to be lodged with main application) my agent told me I had to pay a extra 1700 dollars and apply off-shore...

Disgusted, then because my application was already processed employer approved and all, case officer assigned too, she said I would have to leave the country for 2-4 weeks!

I thought a holiday to Vietnam, since I left apparently the co was takin of my file because of the backlog and my file is treated like any other offshore application... Then I was told it'll take up to 5 months!! From being told I have a case officer, all is approved, just have to leave for 2-4 weeks is some turnaround!!!

I'm a project manager, stuck in Vietnam now, dunno whether I'm comin or going!! I sent emails askin will it take weeks or months and neither co or immigration are able to give an answer!!

Does timescale start when application goes in or when I departed oz??

Anyway, hope ye enjoyed my story and sure let me know if ye have anything to add.. Chat ya..

That is an awful story - why did your Migration agent not know about this?
Old May 20th 2010, 12:39 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bornfree
Hi guys,

I lodged my ENS 121 in march 2010, my nomination got approved in Feb 2010. I read this thread for March 2010 CSL applicants and some of them already have CO's!!!!! But i thought that ENS was the 1st priority!!!!! Anyone with any comments?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=march+2010
I don't know what is going on!! My friend had their RSMS approved in 2 weeks! We put ours in 5 days after their approval (same job, same employer) but have been advised there is now a 5 month wait as they have a backlog!!!

I think ENS/RSMS are supposed to have priority, but I don't think it always works that way!!
Old May 20th 2010, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

dakine has a spectacular aura aboutdakine has a spectacular aura aboutdakine has a spectacular aura about

ENS is def no first priority anymore. I heard they are processing regional doctors first and that there is a lot of applications to be processed.
It's now 5-7 months wait for ens
Old May 20th 2010, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

bornfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dakine
ENS is def no first priority anymore. I heard they are processing regional doctors first and that there is a lot of applications to be processed.
It's now 5-7 months wait for ens
Hey no offense but those guys in the march 2010 thread don't seem to be Doc's . And they are getting case officers. Also people on ENS already have a job and can start from day one they land in Oz (for off shore). As for Onshore i guess it doesn't make a lot of difference as they know they will get there sooner or later!
Old May 20th 2010, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Kitechick UK is an unknown quantity at this point

I was never advised that I had been assigned a case officer. On the phone I was told that my application was received 05/01/2010 but that my application was entered for processing a month later. It then took about 14 weeks. I don't think there is any particular process for what is processed when, as my flatmate submitted a month after me and received his PR a month before me. I have visions of a massive piles of papers in the middle of a room and COs coming in wearing blindfolds, sticking their hand into the pile and picking an application to process.....
Old May 20th 2010, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

dakine has a spectacular aura aboutdakine has a spectacular aura aboutdakine has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Kitechick UK
I was never advised that I had been assigned a case officer. On the phone I was told that my application was received 05/01/2010 but that my application was entered for processing a month later. It then took about 14 weeks. I don't think there is any particular process for what is processed when, as my flatmate submitted a month after me and received his PR a month before me. I have visions of a massive piles of papers in the middle of a room and COs coming in wearing blindfolds, sticking their hand into the pile and picking an application to process.....
Hey kite chick did you have already nomination approved when you lodged it or did you lodge everything at same time? if so did they tell you when nomination was approved?
Old May 20th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

adrian22 is an unknown quantity at this point

6 months over for me, in my 7th month now.
Old May 20th 2010, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adrian22
6 months over for me, in my 7th month now.

My medicals are completed and submitted and the CO has recieeved them, whats next? anybody knows? 7 month now here.
Old May 20th 2010, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

I thought you had it already... you should be next
Old May 20th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

My medicals are completed and submitted and the CO has recieeved them, whats next? anybody knows? 7 month now here.
no as u have a co 1c they receive it ... its all good i think give it a week and ull b good ...

good luck
Old May 20th 2010, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ken1234
no as u have a co 1c they receive it ... its all good i think give it a week and ull b good ...

good luck

The Co is a very polite and a nice man, he got them yesterday. I emailed him just now and kind of metioned to him now that all is done i guess it will help you make a decision. I also told him my mum is dying back in the home land and i just want to see in time. I hope he can reach a decision. He told me a few days back that all was done except for the medicals.
Old May 20th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The Co is a very polite and a nice man, he got them yesterday. I emailed him just now and kind of metioned to him now that all is done i guess it will help you make a decision. I also told him my mum is dying back in the home land and i just want to see in time. I hope he can reach a decision. He told me a few days back that all was done except for the medicals.
Thats good man... now just wait and keep your fingers crossed ... its all good ...and dnt email him back again ... just wait and i think 2day or perhaps 2mrw is ur day ...

Why were you asked to do the medicals again?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.