Help!

Old May 8th 2012, 10:51 am
Just Joined

k8i6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!

Hi there, im totally new to this site but i am desperate for help at the moment! I am living in Australia at the moment on a 2nd working holiday visa, i have 10 months left on the visa, my family are just about to move here from the UK on a 457 Sponsorship visa, i cannot be added to their visa because i am over 18. I work in Administration and was advised to apply for jobs as a Project Administrator and try for sponsorship that way, i am really struggling to find anything! Can anyone suggest anything else other than study? Really appreciate any suggestions as you could not believe the stress i am under at the mo! Thanks
Old May 8th 2012, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!

You need skills to be able to apply for the 457 visa. Do you have training and experience?
Old May 8th 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

I have Level 3 in Business Administration, A Levels (UK College Level) and School Level Certificates. I have 5 years experience in Administration. Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it!
Old May 8th 2012, 11:13 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k8i6
I have Level 3 in Business Administration, A Levels (UK College Level) and School Level Certificates. I have 5 years experience in Administration. Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it!
you need to check if your job is listed, before going any further. Try visa wizard on the immi.gov.au if you have not yet, may give you a push in the right direction. Also keep in mind that administrative and clerical positions are unlikely to be on a list for the permanent visas (the list for the 457 visa has more occupations than the Skilled Occupation List used for permanent skilled migration), so if your long term plans are to stay in Australia, you will have to gain experience in something that is in demand.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, i was advised by a migration agent that Project Administrator is on the list, i just need to find a company to sponsor me!
Old May 8th 2012, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, i was advised by a migration agent that Project Administrator is on the list, i just need to find a company to sponsor me!
Do you work as a project administrator at the moment? If so then why not try your current employer. If you do not, then it is strangte advice indeed, you are not likely to get sponsored in a job you have not worked in before.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:33 am
Just Joined

I dont work as a Project Administrator at the moment but i do have training etc. i work for a not for profit organisation. Im just really stuck because as my family arrive i will be leaving not long after, any suggestions welcome! Silly i know, but i will do anything i can to stay
Old May 8th 2012, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I dont work as a Project Administrator at the moment but i do have training etc. i work for a not for profit organisation. Im just really stuck because as my family arrive i will be leaving not long after, any suggestions welcome! Silly i know, but i will do anything i can to stay
The chances of you getting a job and sponsorship in an occupation you are not currently working in are remote. Do you work at the moment? If yes can your current employer sponsor you?

Do youhave an Australian beau?

Unfortunately there is not a visa for everyone and without an Australian beau or the skills and experience reuired for one of the skills / work based visas your chances are looking poor.