Can employer make/get the 457 visa for me

Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can employer make/get the 457 visa for me

Hi - Sorry more daft questions from somebody who is getting really excited about the move.

Last night, I was taking to my new employer who is just about to lodge what I preseume are the employer's "Application to be a Sponsor" and "Nominate a Position Forms".

I asked him about when I should put in my application. He seamed to think it would not be necessary and that he can get me the 457 visa without me having to make an application? Only that Oz Immigration will contact me to get the medical/x-rays done.

I have sent him colour scans of all my documents, certificates, qualifications, etc so I guess he has all the info to make the application.

Does anyone know if this is correct or should I (as I believe) be pushing him to give me a "Nomination Application Transaction Reference Number (TRN)" or "Nomination Approval Number" so I can put my electronic application in from the UK?

Any help appreciated - I want to get my facts straight before I question my future boss if I understand the Oz system better than he does...!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:20 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can employer make/get the 457 visa for me

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Hi - Sorry more daft questions from somebody who is getting really excited about the move.

Last night, I was taking to my new employer who is just about to lodge what I preseume are the employer's "Application to be a Sponsor" and "Nominate a Position Forms".

I asked him about when I should put in my application. He seamed to think it would not be necessary and that he can get me the 457 visa without me having to make an application? Only that Oz Immigration will contact me to get the medical/x-rays done.

I have sent him colour scans of all my documents, certificates, qualifications, etc so I guess he has all the info to make the application.

Does anyone know if this is correct or should I (as I believe) be pushing him to give me a "Nomination Application Transaction Reference Number (TRN)" or "Nomination Approval Number" so I can put my electronic application in from the UK?

Any help appreciated - I want to get my facts straight before I question my future boss if I understand the Oz system better than he does...!
Hi Roger,

Yes your employer can e-lodge your application however many do get it wrong (although visa applicants can also stuff up royally too) and best practice is to provide him with a completed form 1066 to guide him and a completed and signed form 956 just in case at some later stage DIAC questions his authority to assist you. The electronically generated medical forms will have your TRN and passport number on them as unique identifiers.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can employer make/get the 457 visa for me

Thanks for the help. I think probably in the past they have lodged the employees applications as well as their own documents because the employees have been Japanese - so OK English, but not great at filling in forms.

I'll ask him what he wants to do.