Epilepsy?

Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Epilepsy?

My wife had 4 fits over 4 years ago, and has since been on medication. Has anyone had a problem with applying for a skilled visa before?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Epilepsy?

Originally Posted by rocket01
My wife had 4 fits over 4 years ago, and has since been on medication. Has anyone had a problem with applying for a skilled visa before?

Has she had tests to see if it is Epilepsy?

My Mum had epilepsy and believe me she had that amount of fits at least, within a week!

If she has had tests and it has been confirmed that it is that, then the best way to deal with it is to speak to an agent who will be able to address this type of problem up front. Try giving George Lomabard a call
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

She has been diagonised with having minor temprel epilepsy, she has her driving license and remains fit free since a weird episode 4 years ago. Just hope someone replies that gained access into Oz with the similar condition.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

She has been diagonised with having minor temprel epilepsy, she has her driving license and remains fit free since a weird episode 4 years ago. Just hope someone replies that gained access into Oz with the similar condition.

That shouldn't be too bad then. I know my Mum wasn't allowed to drive ever!.

I hope you get some replies from someone that's got in with it, but if not at least give George a shout, I'm sure he'll be very helpful
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers but, was your mum applying for a visa?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers but, was your mum applying for a visa?

I wish, she died from cancer three years ago

Just thought I'd keep the thread to the top of the page
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You should be fine. Get a letter from her neurologist to say she has been seizure free for 4 years and if possible have the do an EEG to bring to your medicals. Really the immigration people are only interested in conditions that will cost Australia $$ in the long term...Cancer, diabetes, etc.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Come on there must be someone with epilesy that applied?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Come on there must be someone with epilesy that applied?
Maybe not. You have been offered advice, so what's the problem? Speak to a migration agent that deals with medical issues, get a letter from her neurologist, an up to date EEG and take the advice of the agent.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there

i was investigated for epilepsy 4 years ago, i never got a proper follow up and was under the impression that i had got the all clear, HOWEVER when i went to my GP (the day before my meds ) to get confirmation of clean bill of health my gp had got a letter to say that i probably had epilepsy!!!! was sure i would fail medical but it was all fine, epilepsy causes no problems at all, basically, if oz think that you will cost them more than $20,000 a year you would fail your meds.
hope this helps

Beth
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:58 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi

i have epillepsy myself i have grand mal, petit mal and myoclonic not bad eh i had no probs went for medicals tests e.t.c. went through the questions but no problems if i had no worries dont see why you should.

john
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: Epilepsy?

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to reply to the query about epilepsy! Its the wife here, you've all been most helpful and i'm optamistic now.
As my epilepsy is not that bad I don't tend to think about it very much until a situation like this arises. Hopefully all should be ok then, will let you know how we get on.

Amanda
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:35 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We just got our visa granted today,,,my son has epilepsy and went through meds etc all ok..136 skilled...hope this helps.

Jo
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jo,

Hope you dont mind me asking a couple of questions. As my daughter has Epilepsy.

What type of Epilepsy does your son have? Do they still have seizures now and again?

Did you use a migration agent due to Epilepsy? Or did you do the forms yourself? Migration agents quite pricey, so wondering if you did the forms yourself.

Any tips for people with a child with Epilepsy?

Gemma.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:59 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Gemma,

have sent you pm

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.