Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Laura26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Originally Posted by babyblue29
ok .. here is my story

2 weeks ago my boyfriend received a call from ausfis .. he had registered with them. they told him he could come over to australia as a permanent resident blah blah and asked for account details to charge 249 euro for application .. i told him to give them my account details so they called me and i gave the details although when i tried to ask some questions over the phone the caller was very evasive .. i told my boyfriend i had a fishy feeling about these ppl so the next day he does some research and decides he doesnt like what he sees and calls them .. he cancels the application .. they say ok .. the guy from ausfis who contacted my boyfriend calls back and confirms that the application has been cancelled.

Today .. 2 weeks later .. my account has been debited for 249 euro by ausfis .. both my boyfriend and i have called them .. a female who barely speaks english answers the phone and says her manager is not at the office till tomorrow (and neither is the first caller from ausfis) at which time we will receive a phone call .. very rude phone manner too.

I suppose i trusted my boyfriend to know who he was dealing with otherwise i would never have been caught in this situation.

So .. we are waiting for a phone call tomorrow .. i have a feeling we wont get one .. will keep u updated
I`m sorry to hear that.... You should call your cc company and report the transaction and let them deal with ausfis. Maybe there`s a chance to get back your money ....
Keep us updated on the situation and Good Luck! (you`re gonna need it:|)
Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by babyblue29

Today .. 2 weeks later .. my account has been debited for 249 euro by ausfis .. both my boyfriend and i have called them .. a female who barely speaks english answers the phone and says her manager is not at the office till tomorrow (and neither is the first caller from ausfis) at which time we will receive a phone call .. very rude phone manner too.

I suppose i trusted my boyfriend to know who he was dealing with otherwise i would never have been caught in this situation.

So .. we are waiting for a phone call tomorrow .. i have a feeling we wont get one .. will keep u updated
I can bet that she was gloria87
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 525252
I can bet that she was gloria87
You've already been asked to not make accusations you can't substantiate. If you have facts, please let us have them. If you're attempting to be clever or amusing you're not so please stop. I'm sure you've hate to be accused of being something you're not.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You've already been asked to not make accusations you can't substantiate. If you have facts, please let us have them. If you're attempting to be clever or amusing you're not so please stop. I'm sure you've hate to be accused of being something you're not.
Defending somone so harshly, even though that someone (gloria87) herself was defending a scam company, seems bit of an overkill for me.

From a quick glance, this post seems like saving gloria87 from unsubstantiated accusations, but after a closer look I feel like it is more about keeping those Not So British expat posters in their place.

I am sure, had it been said by someone else, it wouldn't be followed by such harsh response. But then again, it is just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

so can be said about the post of babyblue29 or everyone else who said that this company called them or scammed them out of their money!

do we have the proof that AusFS did deduct 249 euros from the account of babyblue29 ?

I'm sure the company hate to be accused of being something it is not.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

If you're attempting to be clever or amusing you're not so please stop.
I thought it was pretty funny. Keep it up 525252
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
I thought it was pretty funny. Keep it up 525252
At the moment while the thread iss till open it is staying near the top of the forum, which is good, as it serves to warn other people before they get sucked in.
However if people continue to make accusations within providing any proof, the thread will be closed.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Marcio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I recently applied on Ausfis, but I never finished my application. A guy called me (indian it seems) and asked me to finish my application, and I was at the moment, believing that it could be true, so I gave him my details and credit card. Afterwards I thought it could be a fishy company, so I did some research over internet and found this site. Now I truly believe that it is a scam site. So I changed my credit card number and thought of not paying it.
Now I received another call, the guy was saying that it was my last warning and that they game me enough time to complete my payment, and that the deadline has already passed.
And I gonna quote what he said:
"Please note, that if you shall fail to complete your payment in the upcoming weeks AUSAFIS will perform legal actions against you."
The guy recorded our conversation (or at least he said that) and made me say that I would pay for it, the amount and everything.
I'm not sure what should I do, anyone has any advice please?
Thanks.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Anyone please? Lot of people saw the thread. I'm kinda worried. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough

It is high time. Why does not someone report to FBI or the agency who controls scam and frauds?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Please, if anyone has an idea on how to help me, it would be nice.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marcio
Please, if anyone has an idea on how to help me, it would be nice.
I think people are not replying because they don't know what to suggest. If I was you and had changed my credit card so they could not get any money out of me, I would simply ignore them. I think there is a miniscule chance that they would take any further action against you (and even less chance of them succeeding if they did).

Then work out if you do qualify for an Australian visa and apply independently if you think you can or get in touch with a reputable migration agent to help you.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:01 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Personally, I would tell them to go get knotted. They're not even in the same country, they're going to have a tough time trying to claim payment from you.

I believe they have no leg to stand on and are making idle threats that they will never follow through on anyway.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by louie
I think people are not replying because they don't know what to suggest. If I was you and had changed my credit card so they could not get any money out of me, I would simply ignore them. I think there is a miniscule chance that they would take any further action against you (and even less chance of them succeeding if they did).

Then work out if you do qualify for an Australian visa and apply independently if you think you can or get in touch with a reputable migration agent to help you.
Yes, that´s what I have in my mind. I think it will happen that way. I'll do it like you said, I believe it´s the best way to do it. Thanks.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

They have much as much a chance of collecting the euros as those who expect a refund.

DIAC should be informed and they can notify the AFP (Australian Federal Police) to further the investigation, shut these scammers down and perhaps prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

Also, one can register a complaint with this government site:

scamwatch.gov.au

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.