Partner's skills - 175

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

sandyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the stages of application? - 175

Hi

Can anyone talk me through the stages of applying (Skilled Migration -175)? What happens once you've made your initial application? How does the case officer process work? Can't seem to find any definitive info on this...

Also - I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on whether there are any refunds of fees available if visa applications are unsuccessful? My gut is telling me no, but can't hurt to check I guess!

thanks a million
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: What are the stages of application? - 175

Originally Posted by sandyk
Hi

Can anyone talk me through the stages of applying (Skilled Migration -175)? What happens once you've made your initial application? How does the case officer process work? Can't seem to find any definitive info on this...

Also - I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on whether there are any refunds of fees available if visa applications are unsuccessful? My gut is telling me no, but can't hurt to check I guess!

thanks a million

1. Once you make your initial application, you sit and wait until a case officer emails you. You also have the option of checking your status online through the e-visa system.

2. No refunds at all. I think the only exception is if you have an application that falls into category 5, meaning that Oz no longer needs your skillset, so you won't be processed until the skillset comes back up in need.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. The thought of making any mistakes scares the hell out of now! If you do make any mistakes on your application, will they simply send it back to be changed, or will they throw it out altogether??

ta
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Default Partner's skills - 175

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me - my partner is a physio so we are applying for visa 175 on the back of him. I'm a primary school teacher - not on the SOL list - and we need the points for partner's skills in order to hit the 65 point mark.

My question is this - does the partner's occupation need to also be on the SOL list in order to get points? Or is it enough to be considered 'skilled' but not on the SOL? The guidance says the following, but doesn't stipulate anything about SOL...

is able to satisfy ‘basic requirements’ including age, English language ability,
qualifications, nominated occupation, recent skilled work experience or the
2 years full-time study requirement; and
• has obtained a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority
for their nominated occupation.

Hope this makes sense!
ta
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:25 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner's skills - 175

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me - my partner is a physio so we are applying for visa 175 on the back of him. I'm a primary school teacher - not on the SOL list - and we need the points for partner's skills in order to hit the 65 point mark.

My question is this - does the partner's occupation need to also be on the SOL list in order to get points? Or is it enough to be considered 'skilled' but not on the SOL? The guidance says the following, but doesn't stipulate anything about SOL...

is able to satisfy ‘basic requirements’ including age, English language ability,
qualifications, nominated occupation, recent skilled work experience or the
2 years full-time study requirement; and
• has obtained a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority
for their nominated occupation.

Hope this makes sense!
ta
From the DIAC What's new dated Jul 1:

Partner skills
Five points can also be claimed for those where the primary applicant’s partner satisfies the threshold criteria for a visa.
To claim partner points the primary applicant’s partner will need to meet the following criteria:

be included on the same visa application as the primary applicant

not be an Australian permanent resident or citizen

be less than 50 years old at the time of application

nominate an occupation on the same SOL as the primary applicant, and be assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the occupation
have competent English

have been employed in a skilled occupation for at least 12 months in the 24 months before the application is lodged, or completed the Australian Study Requirement.

This is backed up HERE

Looks like you can't claim partner points in your case as your occupation is on Sch 2 not Sch 1.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Looks like you can't claim partner points in your case as your occupation is on Sch 2 not Sch 1.
Just wondering and am probably clutching at straws for OP, whether Scedule 1 and 2 are the same SOL, but different schedules of it. I don't know the answer.

Howerver OP, are you sure there is no other way of getting 5 points other than partner sponsorship, see very few people going down that route to be honest because of the hassle of two skills assessments. Have you got 20 for IELTS and state sponsorship factored in already?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:24 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Just wondering and am probably clutching at straws for OP, whether Scedule 1 and 2 are the same SOL, but different schedules of it. I don't know the answer.

Howerver OP, are you sure there is no other way of getting 5 points other than partner sponsorship, see very few people going down that route to be honest because of the hassle of two skills assessments. Have you got 20 for IELTS and state sponsorship factored in already?
Always hope, as the wording does change from "same sol", to "same version of the SOl", and other slight variations, depending on which page of the website you're on.

OP, might be worth a quick (free?) agent consult?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. The thought of making any mistakes scares the hell out of now! If you do make any mistakes on your application, will they simply send it back to be changed, or will they throw it out altogether??

ta
Throw it out. You are expected to make sure 100% that all your information is correct and ready to go before you send.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've merged your two threads, there's no need to start two when they're on the same subject.

Once you've got your application in, you sit back, get on with your lives, forget about it until a CO contacts you for more information and then you do whatever is asked of you.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:43 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sol2Oz
1. Once you make your initial application, you sit and wait until a case officer emails you. You also have the option of checking your status online through the e-visa system.

2. No refunds at all. I think the only exception is if you have an application that falls into category 5, meaning that Oz no longer needs your skillset, so you won't be processed until the skillset comes back up in need.
Priority 5 aren't getting refunds. They sit & wait like everyone else. The only ones who got refunds were the applicants that were capped & ceased.