Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

189 visa application while wife is pregnant

189 visa application while wife is pregnant

Old Jul 17th 2014, 7:55 am
Just Joined

budeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 visa application while wife is pregnant

Hello,

My wife and I are in the process of filling out our application for a 189 visa and she is due to give birth 10th August. Obviously until the baby is born we would not know the DOB (and we have not decided on a name yet, let alone thought about a passport!) so we cannot provide the baby’s details.

However I cannot see anywhere on the Visa form to advise that my wife is pregnant. I would like to inform them that my wife is due to give birth now rather than wait until we have a case officer assigned as I would like to avoid any complications further down the line.

Everything else for the application has been filled in so I would like to submit it asap rather than wait until the baby is born as we only have until the 22nd August to submit.

I just can’t see anywhere on the application to insert a couple of lines providing an explanation of this.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 visa application while wife is pregnant

There is nowhere on the form because immigration are not interested. You can inform immigration when the baby has been born.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 3:09 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

This was our situation too when we applied for our permanent visa back in 2006. The visas have changed since then so not sure what the procedure is now.

Anyway, at the time as you mentioned there was nowhere on the form for this. As long as you haven't done the medicals you should be able to submit a form with the change and add the baby to the application. I seem to remember a change of circumstance form or something like that.

Once the baby was born we then went ahead and did the medicals. Just make sure you add the baby first as if you do the medicals too early then you risk your visa being granted before you have a chance to add the baby. Plus the whole x-rays during pregnancy thing.

So, have baby then add to application. Once added you pretty much proceed as normal. It is also worth mentioning that should there be any health issues with the baby then that could present issues with the medicals as if one fails then the whole application fails.

Anyway, I remember being worried about the whole thing but it was actually fairly simple in the end.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

budeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the replies, application has now been submitted so will add the baby to the change of circumstance form when he arrives!