155 visa after 801.

Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of
Default 155 visa after 801.

Hi all,

Have searched the forums and also called the uk australian embassy line about this but just wanted to check if my assumptions are correct.

I lived in oz from early 2005 to late 2010. In october 2009 i received my 801 visa as my parter (who moved with me to oz) is australian.

Since returning to the uk in 2010 we have only spent 1 month in oz on holiday but plan to move back there later this year.

The travel date on my 801 passport stamp expires in october. The lady from immigration indicated that: if we moved back to oz today i can remain there indefinately on my 801, and if we move back after oct i need a 155 visa (with which i could also remain indefinately). My partner and i are still together and her family visit us in uk etc so we have loads of evidence for the application.

Is the above correct? I know for some visas you have to have remained in oz x% of the time etc.

Any advice appreciated.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 5:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 155 visa after 801.

Once the re-entry date on your 801 visa is passed, it cannot be used to enter Australia as a resident. In any circumstances. Even if returning from vacation.

Have you researched the requirements for a Resident Return Visa? What you need to know is explained quite clearly:
Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)
Old Jul 19th 2014, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 155 visa after 801.

Originally Posted by big_matt
Hi all,

Have searched the forums and also called the uk australian embassy line about this but just wanted to check if my assumptions are correct.

I lived in oz from early 2005 to late 2010. In october 2009 i received my 801 visa as my parter (who moved with me to oz) is australian.

Since returning to the uk in 2010 we have only spent 1 month in oz on holiday but plan to move back there later this year.

The travel date on my 801 passport stamp expires in october. The lady from immigration indicated that: if we moved back to oz today i can remain there indefinately on my 801, and if we move back after oct i need a 155 visa (with which i could also remain indefinately). My partner and i are still together and her family visit us in uk etc so we have loads of evidence for the application.

Is the above correct? I know for some visas you have to have remained in oz x% of the time etc.

Any advice appreciated.
What you have been told is correct.