Which Working Visa is best??

Old May 13th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

shuvit is on a distinguished road
Default Which Working Visa is best??

Hi all
Husband has just been offered a permanent job and needs to start in NZ in July
Just wondering if it would be better to apply for a work visa for the more speedier option, or apply for eoi (we have 160 points)and then residency, would we have enough time to apply and get all docs sorted before beginning of July?
myself and our 3 children will be following him over towards the end of the year as I will need to sort our home and other boring stuff out first etc
Thanks in advance
Shuvit
Old May 13th 2017, 7:49 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Working Visa is best??

Would go for just a temp work visa for OH aand stick Eoi in now
Old May 13th 2017, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Didn't think of that - thanks MrsFychan
Old Jul 18th 2017, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Which Working Visa is best??

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Would go for just a temp work visa for OH aand stick Eoi in now
MrsFychan - things have progressed our end - husband is now in NZ on an Essential Work Visa, we have applied for EOI and that has been granted, we have received an invitation to apply for residency at long last
My trouble is, it states on website it takes 6months for this to be granted (if at all) I am hoping to be heading over with our 3 young children in October, what would be the best option for myself and children to get over there in the mean time?
I am looking at visitor visas, student visas, partnership visas - my head is whizzing - feel like I am going around in circles to no avail!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, so where is hubby?

Myself and the kids came out on visitor visa's as ours had not completed with MrF on a temp work visa. You have to get a return/onward ticket or they won't let you board the plane in the UK.
We arranged to return after 6 months as it coincided with my eldest birthday back in the UK (he did not want to come to NZ) so wasn't a problem for us.
Our visa was approved and stamps in passport a month after we landed, but that was back in 2012 before lots of changes have taken place.

So please please do keep up to date with Immigration updates to make sure you will be eligible