Work visa....

Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

simonmoon99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work visa....

Hey People...
So once again I found myself a little confused so was hoping on you guys to shed a little light....

Basically Im here on a 2 year WHV and loving it... my brother and his wive are a little jealous and are keen to come over here for 6 mths to a year to try it out.... Now he is 35 and she is 32 so obv. the WHV is out of the window...... What would be the best cheapest easiest visa for them to go for.... He is a builder coming to christchurch... and I have heard of companies being able to fly people in for a 2 year work visa .... He also has been offered a job at where I work so can he use that to his advantage somehow??
Any advice is greatly appreciated as they basically want the cheapest easiest visa to 'test the water' without having to go through the costs on PR or Working to residency visas
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:14 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work visa....

If he is 35, he can still apply for a BUNAC WHV

http://bunac.org/uk/worknewzealand/
Old Oct 21st 2012, 4:58 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmoon99
.... He also has been offered a job at where I work so can he use that to his advantage somehow??
Yes! Providing the job offer meets NZIS' criteria he can apply for a work visa using it. Checkout the NZIS website for the process and ask questions here if you need to....there may be a trade qualification hurdle to meet depending on which trade you mean by "builder" but ask on here if you aren't sure as there is much experience here of the various routes for the various trades etc etc

Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

simonmoon99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent .. thanks guys