Entering NZ with a partnership visa

Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

LorenMiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entering NZ with a partnership visa

Hello,

Thought would ask here before I rang up incase anyone knew.

I have applied for a temporary partnership work visa and if it is approved my partner and I will be traveling back to New Zealand. I am a British Citizen and my partner is a New Zealand Citizen and we are both currently in the UK. Due to Family ties we would both like to be in our home countries for Christmas, so do you know if it is possible to enter New Zealand without my Visa Partner for the first time? He will already be in NZ.

Thanks,
Loren
Old Oct 30th 2017, 6:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entering NZ with a partnership visa

can't see why not, its your visa after all, not your partners. Only thing I have known as a stipulation is the timeline for first entry.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

LorenMiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats good to hear, I am glad there is nothing I have obviously missed. Just looking for options at the moment, if my visa comes throught I will fully look in to it.
Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2017, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LorenMiller
I have applied for a temporary partnership work visa and if it is approved my partner and I will be traveling back to New Zealand. I am a British Citizen and my partner is a New Zealand Citizen and we are both currently in the UK. Due to Family ties we would both like to be in our home countries for Christmas, so do you know if it is possible to enter New Zealand without my Visa Partner for the first time? He will already be in NZ.
I arrived on partnership visa.

That was nine years ago so my memory might not be perfect, but I am pretty sure that there was never any requirement stipulating that I could only travel if accompanying them.

There were travel conditions with the visa but those apply to the date after which the visa can no longer be used for entry to the country but that is not the same thing.

Basically, once the Partnership visa has been granted then I don't think that the Partner is important any more.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 9:39 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clappy
Basically, once the Partnership visa has been granted then I don't think that the Partner is important any more.
unless the partnership finishes
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Hannah_Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Similar boat, applied for the partnership work Visa October 24th in the London offices, we are recently married and he has been back in New Zealand since October 2nd as his Visa was running out over here.

I did see that you were meant to apply together, but I sent a letter explaining why we couldn't so I'm fully expecting to enter NZ without him. I think it's reasonable, they might not however... Finger's crossed!

When did you apply?