Qualification list - Demolition

Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

doyley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualification list - Demolition

Hi I'm trying to match my qualification to the list, what I do is demolition specific, I have a CSCS professionally qualified demolition engineer card, has anyone got any idea what would be comparable?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Qualification list - Demolition

I have no idea but from a quick google about it seems that a 'CSCS Demolition Engineer Card' is a Membership thing rather than a Tertiary education programme and qualification.

CSCS Demolition Engineer Card | Institute of Demolition Engineers

What did you have to do to become a member of the institute? Did they require you to already have some qualifications in order to join? Were there any formal exams and if not what tertiary qualification(s) do you have?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:47 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please search the ANZSCO list of occupations

Come back to us with the occupation description and number that best suits your occupatuon.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks both, I cannot get that link to work, to get the ide card you need to be afull member of the IDE that means certain level of training in place prior to acceptance minimum 5 yrs experience at management level, then you have sit an exam, and 2 years later do a CV presentation to the board, after your presentation you get asked questions, and then you're either in or not. once that is done then you can get the card.

the card then supersedes the project manager card.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 6:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

the only thing on the skills list that comes up under demolition is a builders labourer. unless its called something else?
Old Feb 7th 2018, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doyley
to get the ide card you need to be a full member of the IDE that means certain level of training in place prior to acceptance
So what was the 'certain level of training' that you needed to have in order to progress with membership. Is it a degree or some other apprenticeship or trade qualification?
Old Feb 7th 2018, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Mine was my progression through industry qualification from mattock man, to top man, to supervisor, there is now a project manager card aswell but there wasn't when I did mine.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

On the plus side it would appear that 25 years of experience is enough with other things to get the points I need whilst CITB sort the rest out. The demolition industry sent plenty of people from here when the Christchurch earthquakes happened so it's just a case of finding that info out now I think.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 9:34 pm
`

On the plus side it would appear that 25 years of experience is enough with other things to get the points I need whilst CITB sort the rest out.
Not sure what you mean by this to be honest.
If you do not hold an NZIS recognised qualification , trade or otherwise, then you will be looking at possibly a full NZQA assessment to see if you meet the standard and match the quals here.
Without that, you cannot claim points.

As you mention points, are you looking to emigrate to NZ? Or just looking to come and work for a year or so?

I tested the link and it was fine for me. It is a shame it would not open for you.

Please simply type in ANZSCO SEARCH into your browser.
That will bring up the website.
From there please type in your occupation into the search box.
A selection should appear.
From there see which one best suits your occupation and let us know the description and the ANZSCO number.

The demolition industry sent plenty of people from here when the Christchurch earthquakes happened so it's just a case of finding that info out now I think.
Not really.
What was immediately needed by NZ then is not what is needed now.
There were plenty of tradesmen arriving to take up trade work , however many were on the type of contracts that would not lead to NZ residency. They were used as a stop gap for the emergency restart rebuild.
The criteria and needs now will be different.

Can you please check the skilled occupation list and let us know which best matches what you do and your trade quals. If you cannot open the link for some reason , then simply look to the top of this forum. It is a stuck thread.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 10:12 pm
`

Mine was my progression through industry qualification from mattock man, to top man, to supervisor,
The New Zealand Qualification Authority has a set standard for
Demolition Supervisor.
If you are thinking to emigrate under the skilled migrant policy then you will need your overseas evidence assessed by this body.

The New Zealand Demolition and Asbestos Association
may be able to advise further.

Would you call yourself a Construction Project Manager? ( Yes. I know it is deconstruction / demolition )

The more I think about this, the more I think you will need to have all your overseas paperwork assessed by NZQA.
What NZQA will do is to match what you have attained , module for module, section for section with the NZ requirements & standard.
They will then come back to you with the NZ level.

NZQA full assessment
Old Feb 12th 2018, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Qualification list - Demolition

Bevs, thank you so much it's not easy all this I'd have preferred to just get on a plane and sign a form lol, I have called my new employer in NZ and between us have decided to employ get an agent to do it all for us, he knew all about the NZQA stuff and is doing all mine and my families visas.

I'm a lot better at managing demolition work that visa's.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 11:50 pm
`

Bevs, thank you so much it's not easy all this I'd have preferred to just get on a plane and sign a form lol, I have called my new employer in NZ and between us have decided to employ get an agent to do it all for us, he knew all about the NZQA stuff and is doing all mine and my families visas.

I'm a lot better at managing demolition work that visa's.
Not sure you really need an agent, especially if you have a job lined up. I hope the employer pays the agent for you.

Anyway. and do let me know how you get on.

Please do ensure though that you get a full-time Permanent contract of employment. No dithering by the employer on this. No them say, oh we'll sort you out in a year's time. Immy goal posts can change.

Also please do ensure you are being paid the proper going rate. It matters. It really matters.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Employer is paying for all of our visa's me the wife and kids, and paying the agency to make life easier.

Got offer about the same as I earn here 140k NZD, will sort contracts out during my first 2 months stint there.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 7:29 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

...will sort contracts out during my first 2 months stint there.
Eh? You can't work without a contract in place, if I were you I'd expect that exchanged and sorted before moving...
Old Feb 14th 2018, 3:41 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

As said you cannot work without a contract to obtain a visa. My husband was already in and working on a temp visa and Immigration sent his permanent contract back to the company he was working at 3 times before it met their criteria. So please do not assume having a offer of work is a shoe in for visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.