what can i apply for instead.??

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

HunnyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what can i apply for instead.??

ok so i couldnt get work visa under partnership.
deemed genuine, but not stable as we do not live together.

im applying for me 25, and my 5 year old daughter.

im looking to relocate to far north with my partner who lives in kaingaroa, inbetween monganui and kaitaia.
not that many jobs realistically.

I finish university in beginning of August with Law and Economics degree,, mostly geared towards social aspects of both subjects.
I have numerous other OCN qualifications in youth and community work.
Have about 3-4 years voluntary experience in the community, as chairperson and board member of initives in the local area.

I know this not in the essentials skills list, so if i do get a job offer (which i dont know how to go about from this country) will i be entitled to a work visa (under which catergory).
I cant apply for holiday working visa as i have a dependant..
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.... Want to be there asap..!!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:45 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what can i apply for instead.??

Hunny,

I think you need to get there asap to start the clock ticking on the living together thing and also scout for work, then get work visa based on that, then residency from that. Visas would be:

None to go over as a visitor for 6mths as UK nationals.
Work visa, type and stream would depend on the job offered.
Residency from Work or PR via Partnership depending on time elapsed at that point.

Check implications of your daughter attending NZ school AND not attending UK school (as she would still be a UK resident).

Obviously you have the court permission complication but I think they should allow a visit and as no visa is required they can't expect one.