Visa/medical/partner visa order

Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:20 am
Just Joined

El_queenio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa/medical/partner visa order

Hi all,

I am currently waiting for my teacher registration to be approved and will then be applying for an essential skills visa for myself. My husband will be coming over on a partner work visa. My question is what order do we do things?

Can we book our health check now and get that done before we start the visa application or can we only do it once the visa process has been started and immigration request it?

Also, do we apply for our visas at the same time or do I need to have mine approved before we submit his application? I am due to start my new role at the beginning of February and getting a bit panicky over timeframes!

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:46 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa/medical/partner visa order

Once you have been selected and have a Case officer would be the time.
Your husband would be included with your application.

Have you looked at the changes that happened this week and know the new criteria to uplift a visa.?
Old Oct 15th 2016, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

El_queenio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Once you have been selected and have a Case officer would be the time.
Your husband would be included with your application.

Have you looked at the changes that happened this week and know the new criteria to uplift a visa.?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I saw the changes but we are not applying for residency or need to go through the EOI as far as I'm aware...?

The Essential Skills visa I'm applying for is a 5 year one and the school have had to support it and prove they've tried to recruit within NZ.

Am I right in my thinking? Eek!
Old Oct 16th 2016, 5:29 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes thats right but the 5years is one option and it up to Immigration how long they will give you the visa for, one of the criteria is what level the job comes under on the ANZSCO and what salary you are being offered.
To possibly get the 5 year visa approved the job offer and yourself need to match this criteria"
You’ve been offered work in an occupation classified as ANZSCO skill level 1
The work will pay an annual salary of NZ $55,000 or more
You haven’t been granted a 5-year Essential Skills Work Visa before.