Visa help

Old Mar 9th 2017, 7:34 am
GJD
Just Joined

GJD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa help

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum so I'm after some advice please

Me and my partner and young daughter would love to make the move to New Zealand (Auckland)

My other half is an alarm engineer which is on the skilled shortage list. But to get a skilled visa he needs a job offer.

We have been told he can get a work visa which is valid for two years and after that time he could then try to apply for residency

The thing I am unsure about is if I could get a work visa if we was to get married . Or am I unable to as we have our daughter aswell. 🤔

We are just trying to find the easiest and cheapest way to get out there.

Hoping someone can help that has made the move or has experience of a working visa

Thank u
Old Mar 9th 2017, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help

Originally Posted by GJD
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum so I'm after some advice please

Me and my partner and young daughter would love to make the move to New Zealand (Auckland)

My other half is an alarm engineer which is on the skilled shortage list. But to get a skilled visa he needs a job offer.

We have been told he can get a work visa which is valid for two years and after that time he could then try to apply for residency

The thing I am unsure about is if I could get a work visa if we was to get married . Or am I unable to as we have our daughter aswell. 🤔

We are just trying to find the easiest and cheapest way to get out there.

Hoping someone can help that has made the move or has experience of a working visa

Thank u

You must be able to show us that you're living together in a genuine and stable relationship before we can grant you a visa based on your partnership.

Living together means sharing the same home as your partner, which doesn’t include:

spending time in each other’s homes while you each maintaining your own home
sharing accommodation while on holiday
flatmate arrangements.

Assessing partnership

When we assess if you meet our partnership requirements, we'll look at things like:

how long you’ve been together
how long you've been living together as a couple
your living arrangements
whether you support each other financially
how you share financial responsibilites
how committed you are to a life together
whether you own property together and/or share your property
any children you have together, including your arrangements for their care
whether you share common household tasks
whether other person recognise of your relationship.

Evidence of partnership

You and your partner must provide enough evidence to show us that you're living together in a genuine and stable relationship.

Your evidence will be more credible if it's from official sources. For example, a joint tenancy agreement showing the date that you and your partner started renting a property together is better than your friend writing us a letter to tell us how long you've been living together.

You don’t have to provide all of the documents listed as examples, but the more evidence you provide, the easier it will be for us to make a decision about your application.

Examples

Evidence to show us you're in a genuine and stable relationship can include:

marriage or civil union certificates
birth certificates for any children you share
cards, letters, emails and social media conversations
photos together
evidence that others recognise your relationship
evidence you make decisions and plans together
evidence you parent together
evidence you spend leisure time together
a joint rental agreement or home loan
mail addressed to you together at the same place and time
joint bank accounts
evidence you own assets together
joint credit cards or hire purchase agreements
joint utilities accounts, like power or phone bills.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 6:38 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help

he would need a job offer and show relevant work experience, which for this type of job I have no idea how he would prove that? unless alarm systems here are the same as UK.

Best option would to approach companies, making sure they are on the accredited company list so able to offer work to overseas candidates or it becomes very messy, get a job offer then apply for the 2 year skills visa, you and your DD will get visa off the back of that if you can prove 12mths co living, marriage and child is not enough evidence. then just update to PR visa after the 2 years