Which visa?!?

Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Flyddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which visa?!?

Hi all

So my husband has a job offer and has been advised to go for the essential skills visa and then sort residency visa once we are settled in NZ.

Any ideas on what visa I should apply for and our 2 children and can it all be done in one application?

I have booked my IELTS exam as planning on continuing to be a nurse in NZ when we have settled in!

Christchurch here we come!

Many thanks
Old Jul 31st 2017, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which visa?!?

Originally Posted by Flyddo
Hi all

So my husband has a job offer and has been advised to go for the essential skills visa and then sort residency visa once we are settled in NZ.

Any ideas on what visa I should apply for and our 2 children and can it all be done in one application?

I have booked my IELTS exam as planning on continuing to be a nurse in NZ when we have settled in!

Many thanks
You can go for skilled migrant residency as a nurse or if you get a job with an accredited employer (most of the district health boards are) then you can get a talent visa....after two years on this you can apply for residency. The essential skills visa has recently changed you would be better going out on your nursing qualification and your hubby can go out on the partner of a worker work visa
Old Aug 1st 2017, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flyddo
Hi all

Many thanks
All dependent on your hubsters job offer/salary etc and you'll have to consider the new rules but the normal route would be for you to apply for a Partner of a temporary work visa holder visa. This is another type of temporary work visa and should match the duration of your hubsters. Your kids dependent student or dependent visitor visas dependent on their age and all through the family stream.
There are some new rules that take effect from the 14th Aug which bring in some salary thresholds etc for temporary visas but hopefully you'll all still be eligible to apply through this stream based on your hubster having an essential skills visa.
You should all apply at the same time and send in each application in the same envelope but all separated of course. Just makes Immigrations job easier.
Once here you can then consider going for the resident visas.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Flyddo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
All dependent on your hubsters job offer/salary etc and you'll have to consider the new rules but the normal route would be for you to apply for a Partner of a temporary work visa holder visa. This is another type of temporary work visa and should match the duration of your hubsters. Your kids dependent student or dependent visitor visas dependent on their age and all through the family stream.
There are some new rules that take effect from the 14th Aug which bring in some salary thresholds etc for temporary visas but hopefully you'll all still be eligible to apply through this stream based on your hubster having an essential skills visa.
You should all apply at the same time and send in each application in the same envelope but all separated of course. Just makes Immigrations job easier.
Once here you can then consider going for the resident visas.
Thanks for the replies. My husbands job offer is for 70,000nzd.

His company have offered him a contract for upto 5 years and suggested going over on an essential skills visa which can be given for upto 5 years and then after 2 years apply for PR visa.

They say we would only be spending a maximum of 1500NZD this way rather than the 3000Nzd minimum for skilled migrant resident visa and it would be a lot quicker...any thoughts?

Also can anyone recommend any removal companies, we plan on bringing one of our cars as hubby will be given a work van, our motorhome, all our appliances (will probably get a few new ones like washing machine and TV and computer) all our beds and mattresses and clothes.

Can anyone think of anything I may miss? And if there would be any issues with the above!

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2017, 9:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thoughts:

Come in on the essential skill visa to get you all here, working and settling.

Ensure NZ is what you want. If so go straight for Residency regardless of the cost or what any employer suggests.

With NZ residency your OH is free to change employer and you are all able to remain.

A lot can happen over just a couple of years, let alone five, that could find you tied to an employer that may/may not want to keep him. Immigration policy and rules change.

Advice from me: Always take the shortest visa route to give you the right to remain if that is what you wish.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:05 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

he will be classed as mid skilled on that salary as the higher skilled is currently set at $73,299 per year and needs the occupation to be classed as as ANZSCO Level 1-3.
If the level is ANZSCO level 4-5 will be classified as lower-skilled unless it meets the 73k salary level.

Lower skilled can only be offered work for a maximum of 3 years and have to be out of the country for a certain amount of time before they can take up another job. Also lower skilled cannot bring family over to live. they can visit but not reside.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-work-settings

As BEV says the quickest way to residency would be the best way forward either if it looks like it might be more expensive initially.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Jhawks is an unknown quantity at this point

Any recommendations between the essential skills visa and the talent (accredited employer) work visa?

I'm a midwife with a job offer hoping to support my partner with my visa. We are looking to possibly apply for residency following 2 years of working if all is still good in NZ.

Just wondering what visa option would be the best to go down if eventually going to apply for residency?
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jhawks
Any recommendations between the essential skills visa and the talent (accredited employer) work visa?

I'm a midwife with a job offer hoping to support my partner with my visa. We are looking to possibly apply for residency following 2 years of working if all is still good in NZ.

Just wondering what visa option would be the best to go down if eventually going to apply for residency?
You could go for Essential Skills but this visa is only intended to fill temporary skill gaps in the market and does not lead directly to residence . It may not be possible for family member to join you via the partnership and dependency categories as it depends on a few factors relating to the job you have been offered.
You'd be much better going for the Work To Residence - Talent (Accredited Employer) visa as this does carry the intention that you (and other family members) wish to apply for Residence after 2 years. You will however be tied to the employer for that duration as the job with those responsibilities and with that employer form the basis for the visa.

This is a good link to read up on temporary visas :-

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/mo...090.1455786605