Update - The waiting continues.......

Old Oct 18th 2012, 9:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - The waiting continues.......

4 weeks for a medical report back is unacceptable and not the CO's dept so they can't really say it's because they are busy.
I had a problem with my chest xray, and was informed when we took the ITA in that we would get referred, seeing as the authorised Dr hadn't mentioned anything and said he would I asked why and was told that the x ray showed signs of a nodule. That scared the crap out of us so we popped off to my own GP explained to her what was happening and she sent me for an x ray that morning and had the results back very quickly, could even of been the same day, which came back clear. So was ready for any negative responses which fortunately wasn't required.
Could your hubby see his own GP explain the situation and see if they will do an x ray themselves?
Old Oct 19th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Ha ha, half a stone lost - love it. Be prepared to loose more, the stress of the move has made me drop some weight and a BMI point!

Sorry I have no advice - NZIS emailed me with changes to my status before I could check online, thus curing my immigration finger. Hold on in there xxx
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:36 am
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mrs F,
Still nothing, however, i am trying to think logically here - if there was further action required by us re. the medical referral, surely we would have been notified by now by our CO. If that it the case they wouldnt inform us, they would just continue on processing and checking our application? (Hope that makes sense)! Hubby went to our own GP to discuss the xray outcome and he said that he would not do any further testing as he is fit & well, has no symptoms, has never worked with asbestos etc, etc,
When yours got referred did you hear anything back?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:39 am
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

Hi Pinkone,
I dont think i can afford to loose any more weight - I would have to go out and buy myself a new set of clothes mmm ... maybe thats not such a bad idea! lol
All this waiting in limbo is killing us slowly!
Have you got your passports back yet?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Our case officer informed us that they were back and all good and I think it got changed on website also. but then our case officer was quite good at keeping in contact as she was aware that I was in the UK with the kids and OH was already in NZ.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:52 pm
Movin on

maybe we will hear something this week!!
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Yes Skends, we have our passports, the container comes in a week and we leave in just under 2 weeks (am I ready? - Nooo) The excitement has turned to a 'WTF are we doing' feeling! We have a holiday home booked for 2 weeks but after that we're homeless, I'm starting to feel a bit stressy now, OH has tried to calm me by stating that we'll be right, we have money in the bank - think he's already adopting the NZ attitude
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:37 pm
Movin on

hi pinkone,
WOW you must be so excited.
I think those 'WTF' feelings are probably normal - frequently i think OMG what are we doing, tummy turns over etc,etc
keep us posted x
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 8:16 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skends
Hi Mrs F,
it's just that awful feeling of not knowing, can't plan anything, living in a kind of limbo at the moment which is not comfortable. On the plus side, I've lost half a stone in weight,! Lol - think its down to nervous energy, because I'm still eating the same amount! Lol
I know it's easier said than done, but try and pace yourself because for lots of people the stress on arrival can be worse than pre-departure and feeling that stressed/ anxious for such a long time can really take its toll.

Easier said than done though- of all the expats I know many, many have had really tough times with their marriages and/ or mental health in the months and years post emigrating. Emigrating really is a Big Deal.

Good luck, hope you hear soon
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

Hi Skends

Bet it'll be your turn soon. We had to wait for a medical referral as well and it was excrutiating but things moved very quickly after that.

For me the most stressful time was the night before "the big goodbyes". I was having so many palpatations I had to take to the wine

Fingers crossed you'll hear this week.

HeatherGirl
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:17 pm
Movin on

Thanks for that - bourbon biscuit & heathergirl, great to hear that these feelings and stress is pretty normal.

One thing i noticed when I logged on to NZIS today - the date the medicals were received has dissapeared and has been replaced with just 'received'. Not sure what that means but that awful word 'PENDING' is still there!! so maybe tomorrow - can only hope!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

I remember our status changed to "received" as well and I took that to mean our medicals were back!

It wasn't long after that!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice

skends, CO sent us an email and approved our application finally!! good luck to you and i'm sure urs will come very very soooon!!!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 7:37 am
Movin on

congratulations fele!! so pleased for you - fingers crossed for us any day now hopefully!
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Congrats to Fele.

Now we need to read that Skends is good to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.