Time is getting near..........

Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:50 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Post Time is getting near..........

Well, y'all's only have 14 sleeps to go and now my mind is strating to explode with thoughts and mixed emotions. Have been off work all week as had loads of annual leave to take prior to my leaving, back in 2day and I had to actually say goodbye to some of my patients that I know I prop will not see again before I leave was bludy awful and they were'nt even my fav patients either dread that bit as I have been with some of them for 6 years on and off (im a district nurse) so have a rapor with pateints and their famillies, thats without getting to work collegues/friends and of course our beloved families

I have been thinking all day and hoping that some of you may give me some advice............... original plans were that some friends (like family) and my parents and one sis was taking us to the airport. Will parents had chosen not to go and respect them for that, however, I am now thinking do we get national express from cardiff to heathrow as really do not think I could leave them all at the airport

So what do you guys think?? I know its down to us, however, how did some of you do it and do you have any regrets in what you chose? I just do not know if it will be best if we say goodbye in cardiff and then we have the journey to london to try and compose ourselves before check - in, am even wondering how I will even do that if they are with us, am I mad or just over reacting????

I really do not like loosing control of anything but today my emotions have run away with me and just wanted to share it with those of you that have experienced it and wanted to share with others incase they are feeling the same.

I am off to take paracetamol now
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:03 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time is getting near..........

Oh Tina hun,.....Dont torture yourself!!
Our kids offered to take us to H'Row, said they didn't want to but would if we wanted them to, we both said 'thanks but no thanks'...it was so sweet of them to offer but I just know I'll be a wreck when its time to go....we have booked a taxi door to door (know the guy and he has a pick up at h'row so doing it half price) taxi driver said he would bring box of tissues so at least I can boo all the way to h'row if need to then get on with the biggest ever leap of faith I'm sure I'll take in my life!! knowing that both kids are at home to comfort each other if needed....truth be known they'll probably crawl back into bed and wait for a phonecall to say we're at airport lol!

Your decision....but don't feel bad saying 'no thanks' to goodbyes at airport.
lol B x

PS. We also refused offer from friends.
Goodbyes to patients that you've built up relationships with so hard ....know exactly what you mean lol.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:05 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Oh Tina hun,.....Dont torture yourself!!
Our kids offered to take us to H'Row, said they didn't want to but would if we wanted them to, we both said 'thanks but no thanks'...it was so sweet of them to offer but I just know I'll be a wreck when its time to go....we have booked a taxi door to door (know the guy and he has a pick up at h'row so doing it half price) taxi driver said he would bring box of tissues so at least I can boo all the way to h'row if need to then get on with the biggest ever leap of faith I'm sure I'll take in my life!! knowing that both kids are at home to comfort each other if needed....truth be known they'll probably crawl back into bed and wait for a phonecall to say we're at airport lol!

Your decision....but don't feel bad saying 'no thanks' to goodbyes at airport.
lol B x

PS. We also refused offer from friends.
Goodbyes to patients that you've built up relationships with so hard ....know exactly what you mean lol.

Thank you B. x x x x
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Well, y'all's only have 14 sleeps to go and now my mind is strating to explode with thoughts and mixed emotions. Have been off work all week as had loads of annual leave to take prior to my leaving, back in 2day and I had to actually say goodbye to some of my patients that I know I prop will not see again before I leavewas bludy awful and they were'nt even my fav patients either dread that bit as I have been with some of them for 6 years on and off (im a district nurse) so have a rapor with pateints and their famillies, thats without getting to work collegues/friends and of course our beloved families

I have been thinking all day and hoping that some of you may give me some advice............... original plans were that some friends (like family) and my parents and one sis was taking us to the airport. Will parents had chosen not to go and respect them for that, however, I am now thinking do we get national express from cardiff to heathrow as really do not think I could leave them all at the airport

So what do you guys think?? I know its down to us, however, how did some of you do it and do you have any regrets in what you chose? I just do not know if it will be best if we say goodbye in cardiff and then we have the journey to london to try and compose ourselves before check - in, am even wondering how I will even do that if they are with us, am I mad or just over reacting????

I really do not like loosing control of anything but today my emotions have run away with me and just wanted to share it with those of you that have experienced it and wanted to share with others incase they are feeling the same.

I am off to take paracetamol now
DONT let anyone take you to the airport!
Its one hell of a time emotionally even for the best prepared.
Saying goodbye was emotionally the worst thing for us and I would, even now, not want to repeat the experience anytime soon, (everyone on BE remembers Jacks thread afterwards )
Of course its a personal decision but I think a lot of us who have moved over are glad we did not have anyone with us at the airport. Its a tough call, Good Luck with whatever you decide.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:30 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina,

Me and my brother took my mum and dad to the airport with our partners when they emigrated 3 years ago. It was very emotional and everyone cried buckets but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Having gone through the immigration process with them for over a year, ups and downs, doubts and excitement, we didn't want to miss the finish line of their whole journey... seeing them safely to the airport for the start of their new life was rewarding (altho rather traumatic!).

It would have felt weird saying goodbye to them earlier as I would have felt like I'd have missed 'extra' time with them... does that make sense?!

We have visited twice now and they have been back here for a visit, so we always know the next time we meet isn't too long away... your fam and friends will be the same!

Just another viewpoint anyhoo!

Oh and 14 sleeps... how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

It's a tough one & there's no right or wrong answer...only right or wrong for you answers. When my hubby left (he came over here 4 months before the children & I) I drove him to Heathrow...I couldn't have done it any other way, needed to be with him until the very last minute. But that drive home was harrowing, fortunately I had my much less emotional/ more level headed daughter with me & together we drove home safely, even if there were times when I could barely see the road ahead for tears....not good when you're talking about the M25. When it came to time for us to leave, I saw my Mum & my sisters during the previous weeks, but they all live a good distance from where I'd settled & turning up at Heathrow wasn't an option. Hubby's Mum offered to come....but I genuinely don't think that that would have been a great idea for any of us, we'd said lots of big goodbyes in the preceding days, so we said goodbye at her front door when the taxi turned up for us...and that was enough...she was crying already by the time the taxi pulled away. She had other family members around to console her, and that was the best way for us. It's an emotional, very, very hard time. I just didn't want to make it any harder with emotional airport scenes...but again, that's just us.
It'll be a while before you see them all again, so just go with what feels right for you all.
Oh, and don't forget to pack the kleenex whatever you decide...I swear I cried several bucket loads of tears before we finally got on that plane
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi darling....feeling for you hun

I agree with most on here, say your goodbyes in Cardiff. I stood outside of heathrow airport...and cried watching other strangers saying goodbyes...probably only for a couple of weeks...lol.

Its tough enough...don't make it tougher for yourselves.

Take Care and be strong...the best is yet to come xx
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:12 am
appreciate life

Originally Posted by Tomsk
It's a tough one & there's no right or wrong answer...only right or wrong for you answers. When my hubby left (he came over here 4 months before the children & I) I drove him to Heathrow...I couldn't have done it any other way, needed to be with him until the very last minute. But that drive home was harrowing, fortunately I had my much less emotional/ more level headed daughter with me & together we drove home safely, even if there were times when I could barely see the road ahead for tears....not good when you're talking about the M25. When it came to time for us to leave, I saw my Mum & my sisters during the previous weeks, but they all live a good distance from where I'd settled & turning up at Heathrow wasn't an option. Hubby's Mum offered to come....but I genuinely don't think that that would have been a great idea for any of us, we'd said lots of big goodbyes in the preceding days, so we said goodbye at her front door when the taxi turned up for us...and that was enough...she was crying already by the time the taxi pulled away. She had other family members around to console her, and that was the best way for us. It's an emotional, very, very hard time. I just didn't want to make it any harder with emotional airport scenes...but again, that's just us.
It'll be a while before you see them all again, so just go with what feels right for you all.
Oh, and don't forget to pack the kleenex whatever you decide...I swear I cried several bucket loads of tears before we finally got on that plane
Right, I had the most heart renching night of my life i think, lol. I have decided that we are going it alone. Cannot cope with the thought of having to walk away with them all standing at departure lounge. So gonna book the national express today!

Thank you all for your wise words and it has helped. Gonna try and have a good day today, however, just reading these posts have just started me off again,

Tina. x x
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:41 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Right, I had the most heart renching night of my life i think, lol. I have decided that we are going it alone. Cannot cope with the thought of having to walk away with them all standing at departure lounge. So gonna book the national express today!

Thank you all for your wise words and it has helped. Gonna try and have a good day today, however, just reading these posts have just started me off again,

Tina. x x
Hi Tina
Good on you for making a decision thats right for you.......IMHO you are doing the right thing lol.
Before you book coach check out costs of local airport taxi's, you may be surprised especially if you find one thats going there for a pick up. They would be door to door and you wouldn't be restricted to 20kgs each (think you have to pay extra for more than one suitcase each on NE )

you have a good day today, will pm you
B x
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:27 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Tina
Good on you for making a decision thats right for you.......IMHO you are doing the right thing lol.
Before you book coach check out costs of local airport taxi's, you may be surprised especially if you find one thats going there for a pick up. They would be door to door and you wouldn't be restricted to 20kgs each (think you have to pay extra for more than one suitcase each on NE )

you have a good day today, will pm you
B x
will do, thanks hun, x
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Reading this thread with tears in my eyes. We will be doing this next month and I am already very emotional and somewhat in denial. I know I won't be able to cope with airport goodbyes, infact I suggested to my husband we don't do goodbyes or tell family when we are leaving, just text them from the airport - this did not go down well with him or family!! Keep the hankies near. Take care and best wishes, Denise
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:12 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by Denise01292
Reading this thread with tears in my eyes. We will be doing this next month and I am already very emotional and somewhat in denial. I know I won't be able to cope with airport goodbyes, infact I suggested to my husband we don't do goodbyes or tell family when we are leaving, just text them from the airport - this did not go down well with him or family!! Keep the hankies near. Take care and best wishes, Denise
I know, its awful denise, im not having a bad day today though, lol. although I am fully aware that there are so many others either going through or have gone through it. Everyone have been good about it and the transport is now booked, we leave Cardiff at 10.45am....... 2 weeks 2day we will be in the air

I could dry at the drop of a hat though, and I am never like that its so great to be able to express yourself on here though as everyone is so supportive

Good luck with your move hun, will be fine I am sure, will keep you posted.

We have now been offered by one of the girls I am going to be working with that her and hubby will collect us when we arrive and take us to theirs to frshen up, and then another collegue has offered us to stay with her overnight until we go to our holiday rental to save us paying out to stay in the motel, how very nice? Am impressed with kiwi's already and aint even got there yet!

Things are just falling into place for us, infact just getting better each day or two, so cannot grumble, just an emotional wreck, lol and missing my sofa's, psml.

Tina. x
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tina

Really feel for ou it must be really hard to know what to do for the best but you need to do whats right for you. Glad it's all coming together and only 14 sleeps wow that was quick good luck

Angela x
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:04 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by Denise01292
Hi Denise

Know exactly how you're feeling, our friends want us to have a 'goodbye' do but we would rather just go quietly!! I guess I'm probably in denial and avoiding the emotions for as long as poss.... OH, doesn't mind one way or the other so has left it up to me to be the party pooper!!

We are going to have a couple of couples round for the evening before we go which will be a test on the emotions, but the 'goodbyes' to our 'kids' at home on 30th will be the true heartstring pullers!! Have to keep telling them and self that we will probably have more quality time when they visit us in NZ or we come back to visit UK.

When do you fly?? and where are you heading??...(sorry if should know this !!)

Good luck with your preparations and 'Goodbyes' & def get the balsam tissues!! lol
B x
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:07 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww Tina cant offer any wise words as I am crying just reading this thread yep hopeless me. AND I am not going yet!

Good luck with saying all your goodbyes, really tough but after all you have been through to get this far its good to see your almost there.

Didnt think about my sofa going,

All the very best
Dewb x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.