Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Old Apr 18th 2018, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Mary36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Hi,
My partner and I (54yr & 51yrs) are thinking of moving to New Zealand as we love the Country and have family there. We have a business in the UK here which has been trading for over 30 years, (which we are going to sell) can anyone advise us the best way to apply for residency, either by Family Application or Entrepreneur category with starting a new business there or getting a job offer.

Many thanks
Old Apr 19th 2018, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to New Zealand

Entrepreneur is tough and takes a long time, family category is most unlikely to get you anywhere and job offer may be your only option provided you have particular skills, qualification or trade that NZ really wants but obviously age is against you. Ain't no easy fix I'm afraid.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 4:02 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

also entrepreneur visa is also just a temp visa and would only lead to permanent residency if over 3 years, 12 months set up then 2 years to show business is viable and any other criteria required to apply for residency at the 3 year mark.

You would need a lot of spare cash, minimum $100,000 capital investment as well as evidence that you have enough money to support yourself and any other people you want to include on the application, a very detailed Business plan, any NZ qualifications or equivalent you may need to run your business.

The quickest and easiest may be to get a job offer but as already said age may be against you on this.

Do your skills appear on any skills lists?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your replies. We will look into engineering for the skill required.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Is the best application to fill in (EOI) as we have the skills which we have required over the years and ask the family to sponsor us?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 10:30 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

your family cannot sponsor you in visa application under anything other than the family category which is closed for the foreseeable future.

try out the points indicator -
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ator-smc-28aug

ignore the minimum points of 100 on the top right hand side as nothing under 160 is getting selected, if you can get over 160 without a job offer then all well and good if not you will need to get a job offer that is acceptable to immigration.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there all.

I have moved manc31us conversation about their poss move to NZ into a thread of its own.

Ta