Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

Best of luck for tomorrow
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:55 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck from us too!!
B x
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:31 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Good luck from us too!!
B x
Also good luck from us too. Will be thinking of you.

Tina. x
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:27 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the best wishes everyone - self and SWMBO enjoyed our brief jaunt down to the big smoke on Saturday. Medical was a very relaxed affair TBH, we just had to stroll between various locations around Harley Street to have the medical, bloods and x-ray done - all very efficient and we were soon on our way back up. Nice Doc said my outlook was good and would be adding a note to that effect on his report (although stressed that he could not sway their judgement in any way), so it's now a case of wait and .

SWMBO was very excited that she was being attended to in Harley Street and is delighted to have attained what she perceives to be a celebrity medical status. What a girl........
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

thats brilliant news hopfully it wont be to long before you get the results all the best x
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:12 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Vampires and x-ray people both said results would be back with the good doctor by tomorrow, so they will be special deliveried to us after that. Fair play to the guy, he only charged a fiver for handling and postage which seems pretty reasonable to me and the turnaround time is lightning quick compared to other places we looked at.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:29 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:06 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

hey there glad meds all done & dusted for results. Dr sounds good, glad he was prepared to add a supportive comment which certainly won't do any harm!!
B x
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:03 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
hey there glad meds all done & dusted for results. Dr sounds good, glad he was prepared to add a supportive comment which certainly won't do any harm!!
B x
well thats a good start eh? Fingers crossed it wont be too long and not many hoops for you to have to jump through.

Tina. x
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:52 pm
Lord of The Pies

Well, they attempted to deliver the medical results today, but as we were out I'll have to go and collect it tomorrow morning. We now officially have everything we require to submit our ITA (subject to SWMBO checking and signing the EOI, which could take weeks )! Hopefully it will all be sent off on Saturday and I can kick back with the mega steak dinner I've promised myself as a treat!

Got a feeling that being referred to the MA will be somewhat unavoidable, however we're braced for that and ready for the fight! Been optimistically checking out job vacancies and absolutely gutted to find out they are short of a Planning/Maintenance Engineer at the Lion Brewery in Auckland at the moment - wonder if they can hold it open for 6 months or so......
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:05 pm
MnB

Hey glad things falling into place....just wondering if you have thought of taking ITA to NZ House in person? They will check all documents are there plus you know its def arrived!!
Know you went to Harley St for Meds so assume travel into London not a hassel....but maybe you're not able to get there when they are open remember now meds were on a Saturday!! sorry was just a thought....

B x
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:23 am
Lord of The Pies

Hey MnB, it's the thought that counts!!!

Well, if I wasn't 100% certain about the MA being called in before, then they will be now. I picked up the results this morning and my white blood cell count is low (almost certainly chemo induced, which the good doctor has added a note about), although absolutely everything else is absolutely tickety-boo. The nice doctor has - as promised - added a note about my current good health, although even by the standards of the medical profession he has fairly abominable writing skills and appears to claim something along the lines of "This Gentleman while summer a regent semolina, otherwise displays excellent health and further whale good". Hopefully this is some form of secret Kiwi Masonic code meaning "Let him in".
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:12 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeym
The nice doctor has - as promised - added a note about my current good health, although even by the standards of the medical profession he has fairly abominable writing skills and appears to claim something along the lines of "This Gentleman while summer a regent semolina, otherwise displays excellent health and further whale good". Hopefully this is some form of secret Kiwi Masonic code meaning "Let him in".
I really love your up beat attitude throughout all this

As others have said, NZIS must present us with many hoops to see who really wants to go. All we can do is jump through them as well as we can and hope for the best. Here's hoping you sail through the rest of it easily and effortlessly , keep us posted!

Maybe you should have that steak dinner now to nourish those red blood cells

Best of luck to you
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:37 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by teeym
Hey MnB, it's the thought that counts!!!

Well, if I wasn't 100% certain about the MA being called in before, then they will be now. I picked up the results this morning and my white blood cell count is low (almost certainly chemo induced, which the good doctor has added a note about), although absolutely everything else is absolutely tickety-boo. The nice doctor has - as promised - added a note about my current good health, although even by the standards of the medical profession he has fairly abominable writing skills and appears to claim something along the lines of "This Gentleman while summer a regent semolina, otherwise displays excellent health and further whale good". Hopefully this is some form of secret Kiwi Masonic code meaning "Let him in".

At least WBC not high!! will soon be back up to within normal limits! Love your interpretation of Dr's note...semolina ??? whale good???
gald it reads as 'good' not 'like' otherwise there could be big hoops to jump through!!
Might be worth getting bloods checked again in a couple of weeks to pre-emp MA's request ...guess you might be having regular checks for a bit anyway?
Agree with Kija...your attitude is admirable, keep smiling!
B x
Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:21 pm
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by MnB

glad it reads as 'good' not 'like' otherwise there could be big hoops to jump through!!
Might be worth getting bloods checked again in a couple of weeks to pre-emp MA's request ...guess you might be having regular checks for a bit anyway?
If you go back to some of the earlier banter with Psychopandy regarding lycra, the word "like" may not be so inappropriate!

TBH I'm just going to wait and see with regard to the bloods as - subject to not being ill on the day - the longer I leave it the better (in theory). I'm not scheduled for any more for my monitoring until January, but they aren't bothered about a blood count anyway as I'm having no more chemo, just tumour markers (which are at normal levels at the last look ). Seeing as a full blood count test is £££ then I reckon I'll leave it until requested and devote my life to the consumption of corned beef, sprouts and Guinness in order to beef up my borderline haemoglobin/red cell count. Heaven help anyone stuck in a confined space with me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.