Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa - MEDICAL DOCUMENTS

Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa - MEDICAL DOCUMENTS

Old Aug 29th 2016, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

A1878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa - MEDICAL DOCUMENTS

Hi all,

I'm very new to the site, and have an relatively urgent question regarding the medical examination requirements for my visa application.

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice as to whether the Medical Certificate must absolutely be completed by a 'Panel Physician' or can it be conducted by a GP?

The price of a 'Panel' certificate is upwards of £400...!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

A
Old Aug 29th 2016, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Re: Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa - MEDICAL DOCUMENTS

Originally Posted by A1878
Hi all,

I'm very new to the site, and have an relatively urgent question regarding the medical examination requirements for my visa application.

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice as to whether the Medical Certificate must absolutely be completed by a 'Panel Physician' or can it be conducted by a GP?

The price of a 'Panel' certificate is upwards of £400...!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

A
Hi There, As far as I am aware it must be a panel physician. Sorry, you will have to pay the full cost
Old Aug 29th 2016, 11:04 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be done by the authorised panel doctors.

The forms required to be completed by the Dr are 4 pages, when we did them back in 2011, unlike if you are going to Canada where they are only two.
Women over 40 also have to have a breast exam. You may also find that you may have to go to a different place to have the chest xray, we did, so that cost also has to be taken into account.

We would advise you not the drink for a few days before you go.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Many medical panel doctors also now do it all using an online system. The only one within 200 miles of me also has a long wait list for appointments.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be better off making sure the panel physician that you attend uses the e-medical system as Immigration have started to question people manually sending in their medical report in a big envelope as we did.
Yes, you must use a panel physician, but prices do vary albeit they are spread out all over the country and depending on where you live the next one may be hundreds of miles away.
Not that we were majorly unhealthy, overweight or high BMI, but we went on a health kick maybe 4 months before we did the medicals....no alcohol, no tea/coffee etc. Tried to eat really healthily, cut out the junk food and snacking etc and just drank water, loads of exercise as that is excellent for reducing cholesterol. We just didn't want something simple to be the cause for the medicals to be referred and delay the process.
I suppose it worked as neither of our medicals were referred for anything simple, however the wife's was referred anyway as she suffers from UC so that in itself was a bit of a battle.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 9:51 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

we come to nz n this visa. and yes def a panel doctor they wont except medicals from anyone else