Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship by resident child - anyone here?

Sponsorship by resident child - anyone here?

Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship by resident child - anyone here?

Originally Posted by Esme61
As posted elsewhere - not impressed.

Having both a UK state pension and a private pension I am (hopefully) self supporting.

At the moment I am finding it hard not to blame the Chinese for wrecking my plans.

This does, however, have the smell of playng "blame the immigrants" as a political campaign (especially as 50% are Chinese and another 20% are Indian so look a safe target).

Whatever, we are screwed.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even face telling my Dad he's 83, his brother and family came here 50 odd years ago and just about all his living relatives are here. He would have been self sufficient in terms of having enough money for living and health expenses and has good pensions. He was going to be living with us. He was just ready to apply.
What I'm struggling to understand is, why the parents who obtained Visas, and were not being supported by their families as promised, were allowed to stay and become such a drain? All the rest of us have had to tow the line.
Obviously they didn't tie things up tightly enough. Having an ELTS test for parents would also have been a good idea.
Feeling very sad for all of you who have had your dreams shattered.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 12:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
I can't even face telling my Dad he's 83, his brother and family came here 50 odd years ago and just about all his living relatives are here. He would have been self sufficient in terms of having enough money for living and health expenses and has good pensions. He was going to be living with us. He was just ready to apply.
What I'm struggling to understand is, why the parents who obtained Visas, and were not being supported by their families as promised, were allowed to stay and become such a drain? All the rest of us have had to tow the line.
Obviously they didn't tie things up tightly enough. Having an ELTS test for parents would also have been a good idea.
Feeling very sad for all of you who have had your dreams shattered.
Really sorry to hear this.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Really sorry to hear this.

Thank you
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Has there been any more information on Parent Visas?
Old Apr 9th 2017, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

elaineesther1953 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi j19fmm

Believe the parent visa still temporarily suspended, so no change.

Feel so sorry for people like your dad.

We luckily just got in before the suspension otherwise would have been so so angry too.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Just revisiting this.

The numbers still don't look good, and the NZ press isn't going overboard to push for increased migration.

We thought we would be well into planning the move by now.
No idea if we will ever get anywhere near the front of the queue.

We have stopped planning our life along "will this go to NZ with us" and we are assuming we won't go.