Some advise please..

Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some advise please..

So. you all have probably read this at some stage.....
" If you meet our criteria, and we believe you will settle successfully and contribute to New Zealand, we will offer you a residence visa or permit.
If we think you have potential, but want to see how you settle, we will give you a work to residence visa or permit, which you can use to help obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand for up to nine months. If you obtain skilled employment in this time you will have shown your ability to settle and contribute, and your residence application will be approved."

My question is, if both my oh and myself are on the issl list what are the chances of getting a pr visa without having jobs to go to...?
Or is it more likely they will issue a permit to work?
Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:13 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wessa
so having a job when applying for pr helps?.
Absolutely! It is not a guarantee, but it helps a lot.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:11 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

So. you all have probably read this at some stage.....
" If you meet our criteria, and we believe you will settle successfully and contribute to New Zealand, we will offer you a residence visa or permit.
If we think you have potential, but want to see how you settle, we will give you a work to residence visa or permit, which you can use to help obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand for up to nine months. If you obtain skilled employment in this time you will have shown your ability to settle and contribute, and your residence application will be approved."

My question is, if both my oh and myself are on the issl list what are the chances of getting a pr visa without having jobs to go to...?
Or is it more likely they will issue a permit to work?
Thanks.
It is possibl;e to get PR without job offers but experience of most on here shows that to be a slow process.

If you have more than 140 points when submitting your EOI, you will be selected from the pool. If no job offer, you may then wait up to 3 months for a decision on whether they will Invite you To Apply. If this happens, you then have 4 months to submit you ITA and then it gets processed, very slowly!! unless your situation changes that is and you are offered work, then all hell breaks loose and you get fats tracked through!!

A couple of people on here have got PR this way (well at least 4off the top of my head) If you look at their profile, most of them show their timeline, gives you some idea

Helinuk, Paladin, Dreamfish and I think Hazel&Steve

HTH
Sarah
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Sarah, do you think i would pay me to fly over to NZ for a week, gets some intervirews/ job then fill in a eoi ? Is this what most people do or do they take a working visa then apply for pr when over there? . I really want to get some concrete confamations before i rent and get the family moved and house sold etc.
Gary
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

...do you think it would pay me to fly over to NZ for a week, gets some intervirews/ job then fill in a eoi ?
It would be good if you got a job offer with a signed contract, for sure.
As for getting it done in a week, who knows? I suppose it could be done, but you'd have to hit the ground running and have a lot of interviews already scheduled. Make sure they are motivated employers as you would only have a week and therefore you don't want any time-wasters.

Is this what most people do or do they take a working visa then apply for pr when over there? . I really want to get some concrete confirmations before i rent and get the family moved and house sold etc.
Gary
I have no idea what most people do to get residence here in New Zealand.
If you are a desirable prospective employee you may well get PR before you leave your home country. Some need a job offer beforehand. Others are highly qualified and can come over on the strength of their qualifications. Yet others need to get a job in New Zealand and get some work experience to collect enough points to qualify. So, yeah. Lots of avenues to explore for residency.
So let's say you come over here and get a skilled position. You then can get a work visa and permit (visas and permits for your family dependents as well, of course). Start work and then submit EOI.
Or you could wait on a job offer and if one comes through, then start the process where you are. You may well have a bit of a wait. You need to weigh your options then do what is best for you and yours.

I hope that clears up some of your concerns. If not, sorry, but I gave it a shot.

Good luck.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happynz
It would be good if you got a job offer with a signed contract, for sure.
As for getting it done in a week, who knows? I suppose it could be done, but you'd have to hit the ground running and have a lot of interviews already scheduled. Make sure they are motivated employers as you would only have a week and therefore you don't want any time-wasters.

So let's say you come over here and get a skilled position. You then can get a work visa and permit (visas and permits for your family dependents as well, of course). Start work and then submit EOI.
Or you could wait on a job offer and if one comes through, then start the process where you are. You may well have a bit of a wait. You need to weigh your options then do what is best for you and yours.

I hope that clears up some of your concerns. If not, sorry, but I gave it a shot.

Good luck.
Thats fine, thanks for the reply.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Some advice please.. A good list of Immigration Abbreviations & explanations.

Originally Posted by johnnz
Hi Wessa,Heres a brief rundown,

EOI (Expression of Interest)
Before you can apply to Migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category you need to fill out an Expression of Interest form which Immigration New Zealand looks at and lets you know if it is worth applying for residency. This was introduced because tens of thousands of people who had no chance of ever getting a visa made applications, sent in reams of documents and clogged up the system. If Immigration New Zealand believes you have a chance they will send you an Invitation to Apply.

THE POOL
Once you have lodged an Expression of Interest your form goes into the POOL. The Skilled Migrant Category works on a Points System where you are allocated a certain number of points for your age, profession, years of experience in that profession and a few other areas. Depending on how many points you have been allocated you will either be pulled from the pool and issued an Invitation to Apply, sent a decline letter or left in the pool if potentially eligible while people with more points are selected in priority over you. If you have not been pulled out of the pool by the end of 6 months a decision will be taken on your behalf by Immigration New Zealand which may result in an ITA or Decline letter.

ITA (Invitation to Apply)
Under the Immigration New Zealand system, you do not apply for residency, you are invited to apply. An ITA is the second step in the application process and here you must provide all the documentation that proves what you have said in your initial Expression of Interest. If you meet the criteria for residency which includes health, character and in certain cases professional experience and/or a suitable job offer an Immigration Officer can recommend your application be approved.However when you receive notice from immigration New Zealand inviting you to apply (ITA) it does not mean that you have been granted a Visa or permit. All it means is that based on the information you have supplied you MAY be eligible to migrate and they are inviting you to give more details so that they can fully asses your application.

SMC (Skilled Migrant Category)
The Skilled Migrant Category is the most common category for people wishing to migrate permanently to New Zealand. This category is for those whose professional experience and/or qualifications match those of the current needs of New Zealand and who are deemed to be skilled by Immigration New Zealand.

PR
PR is the commonly used abbreviation for Permanent Residency. Permanent residency means you have met specific criteria set by Immigration New Zealand and have the right to reside permanently in New Zealand.

LTSSL (Long-term skills shortage list)
The LTSSL is a list of occupations that have been assessed by Immigration New Zealand as being in short supply in New Zealand and likely to be so in the long-term. If your occupation is on the LLTSSL you may be entitled to more points towards your application.

ISSL (Immediate Skills Shortage List)
This is the recognised list of occupations that Immigration New Zealand has deemed are currently required by New Zealand but that are unlikely to continue in the long-term. A position that is on the ISSL does not necessarily mean that the position is “Skilled”

SKILLED OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
In order to migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant category, the vast majority of people require a “Skilled Offer of Employment”. Skilled in this sense refers to occupations/professions that Immigration New Zealand have classified as occupations requiring sufficient skill, training, experience and/or expertise. Their list is prescribed and not readily available to the public so be careful when self-assessing your current occupation as skilled.

Work Permit/Work Visa
If you wish to work in New Zealand temporarily, you must hold a valid work permit, issued by Immigration New Zealand. A Work Permit is issued to people who have already entered the country legally on a tourist visa for example and find work. A Work Visa is issued to people who are outside New Zealand when they receive an offer of employment and who wish to enter and work in New Zealand legally.

WTR (Work to Residence)
This category is relevant to people who wish to migrate to New Zealand, who are entitled to a work permit and do not have enough points to apply for Permanent Residency but are likely to have enough points by obtaining an offer of employment that is skilled.

So there you go.I,m sure I,ve missed some stuff but check out the NZIS website
Thread on sticky as the above post is a great list .
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:45 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wessa,
Have only just read your thread and things may have moved on for you since, but I just wanted to let you know that we came over for a week in March this year for interviews, well nearly, we arrived on a tuesday and flew back the following monday having had 11 interviews in total in Christchurch (south island) and Tauranga and Hamilton (north island).

We were a bit worried a week before we were due to fly as we only had 1 maybe 2 (can't remember now) interviews confirmed. But by the end of the week we had 9 and another 2 were arranged by one of the agents we used whilst we were in NZ. I could PM/email you the agents contact details if you like.

It was manic but we really couldn't fit in a longer stay. Anyway we got home beginning of April, already had an offer on house before we left, got job offers and chose which one, had medicals/x-rays in May and put in for WTR visas which came back within a week, and completed on the house the same day our container was packed and flew out to NZ 2 days later - 25 May. We also put in our EOI end of May and were granted PR a couple of weeks ago.

So, yep it can be done but like someone else said, you have to hit the ground running! We landed in Christchurch at 8am and I think first interview was 9.30am, followed by another 2 that day, so no time for jetlag. We did get the weekend to ourselves though and did as much as we could to find out about food, houses, schools, finances etc etc., oh, and we even managed a day trip to Rotorua which was great.

Good luck with it all.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnz
Hi Wessa,Heres a brief rundown,

EOI (Expression of Interest)
Before you can apply to Migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category you need to fill out an Expression of Interest form which Immigration New Zealand looks at and lets you know if it is worth applying for residency. This was introduced because tens of thousands of people who had no chance of ever getting a visa made applications, sent in reams of documents and clogged up the system. If Immigration New Zealand believes you have a chance they will send you an Invitation to Apply.

THE POOL
Once you have lodged an Expression of Interest your form goes into the POOL. The Skilled Migrant Category works on a Points System where you are allocated a certain number of points for your age, profession, years of experience in that profession and a few other areas. Depending on how many points you have been allocated you will either be pulled from the pool and issued an Invitation to Apply, sent a decline letter or left in the pool if potentially eligible while people with more points are selected in priority over you. If you have not been pulled out of the pool by the end of 6 months a decision will be taken on your behalf by Immigration New Zealand which may result in an ITA or Decline letter.

ITA (Invitation to Apply)
Under the Immigration New Zealand system, you do not apply for residency, you are invited to apply. An ITA is the second step in the application process and here you must provide all the documentation that proves what you have said in your initial Expression of Interest. If you meet the criteria for residency which includes health, character and in certain cases professional experience and/or a suitable job offer an Immigration Officer can recommend your application be approved.However when you receive notice from immigration New Zealand inviting you to apply (ITA) it does not mean that you have been granted a Visa or permit. All it means is that based on the information you have supplied you MAY be eligible to migrate and they are inviting you to give more details so that they can fully asses your application.

SMC (Skilled Migrant Category)
The Skilled Migrant Category is the most common category for people wishing to migrate permanently to New Zealand. This category is for those whose professional experience and/or qualifications match those of the current needs of New Zealand and who are deemed to be skilled by Immigration New Zealand.

PR
PR is the commonly used abbreviation for Permanent Residency. Permanent residency means you have met specific criteria set by Immigration New Zealand and have the right to reside permanently in New Zealand.

LTSSL (Long-term skills shortage list)
The LTSSL is a list of occupations that have been assessed by Immigration New Zealand as being in short supply in New Zealand and likely to be so in the long-term. If your occupation is on the LLTSSL you may be entitled to more points towards your application.

ISSL (Immediate Skills Shortage List)
This is the recognised list of occupations that Immigration New Zealand has deemed are currently required by New Zealand but that are unlikely to continue in the long-term. A position that is on the ISSL does not necessarily mean that the position is “Skilled”

SKILLED OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
In order to migrate to New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant category, the vast majority of people require a “Skilled Offer of Employment”. Skilled in this sense refers to occupations/professions that Immigration New Zealand have classified as occupations requiring sufficient skill, training, experience and/or expertise. Their list is prescribed and not readily available to the public so be careful when self-assessing your current occupation as skilled.

Work Permit/Work Visa
If you wish to work in New Zealand temporarily, you must hold a valid work permit, issued by Immigration New Zealand. A Work Permit is issued to people who have already entered the country legally on a tourist visa for example and find work. A Work Visa is issued to people who are outside New Zealand when they receive an offer of employment and who wish to enter and work in New Zealand legally.

WTR (Work to Residence)
This category is relevant to people who wish to migrate to New Zealand, who are entitled to a work permit and do not have enough points to apply for Permanent Residency but are likely to have enough points by obtaining an offer of employment that is skilled.

So there you go.I,m sure I,ve missed some stuff but check out the NZIS website
Great post, I've added it to the wiki
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all

Hi Sue thanks for posting thread on the Wiki,I didnt know how to do it so thanks.Johnnz