Skilled Migrant Visa Cost?

Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

tinalouie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Migrant Visa Cost?

My son would be 16 if we now go and he is interested in IT.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:35 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinalouie
My son would be 16 if we now go and he is interested in IT.
Ok - so he's definitely dependant but TBH I've never seen apprenticeships it IT as a thing, its a skilled business with qualifications both academic and professional as the way to go. I'd recommend college, plenty of IT-related courses around.

What quals will he likely leave the UK with?

If you uplift a residency class visa then your son can get a student visa and be charged domestic fees (ie as a New Zealander vs foreign student) but he won't qualify for a student loan (3 yrs residency on a residency-class visa is required for that I think).

The new Govt has enacted a free first tertiary year, first year next year, so you may want to keep an eye on how that policy evolves.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

You are very informative Simonsi, thank you ... I have a NZ friend who lives in Hamilton and I would preferably like to be near her, do you think there is a possible chance of getting a job offer in Hamilton? or am I false hoping? Its a bit of a catch 22 really as on Seek it says only NZ resident apply or with visa? So does seem impossible on ever getting a job offer ?
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

P.S I am 48 so too old for the job search visa that is 20-35 years. I think someone posted that previously to apply for that.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 6:47 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

You are very informative Simonsi, thank you ... I have a NZ friend who lives in Hamilton and I would preferably like to be near her, do you think there is a possible chance of getting a job offer in Hamilton? or am I false hoping? Its a bit of a catch 22 really as on Seek it says only NZ resident apply or with visa? So does seem impossible on ever getting a job offer ?
seek.co.nz lists 7 Management Accountant jobs currently in Hamilton - I wouldn't know how suited you are but you can easily look at Seek yourself and see.

You would need to see how willing to wait any employer is while you obtain a visa. Yes it is a little catch-22.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, so lets say I get a job offer and I say them that I will arrange my own visa and the job offer has an expiry date of 2 months, do you know which Visa form I would need to fill out in, as I could part fill it out in preparation when I start applying.
My son in law is a fully qualified auto mechanic and MOT tester with 10 years experience and my daughter a fully qualified hairdresser and I think mechanic is on the skills shortage list .... its a shame we cant apply as a family, as my son & daughter would go if we went but not if we don't ... Did they used to do a parent visa but its now on hold, is that right?
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:06 pm
It is what it is Member

So this was initially you, then you and Son, now you, Son, Daughter and you refer to "we" so you presumably have a partner???

Top tip - don't treat Immigration New Zealand like this, they expect to be told all the facts on first pass. Its also frankly wasting my time asking which visa is best/relevant/appropriate when you are withholding key, relevant and pertinent information < THAT WILL CHANGE THE ADVICE YOU RECEIVE >

So who wants to emigrate again?
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Apologies for my lack of information Simonsi I appreciate you are being as helpful as you can, basically the original idea was that I would hopefully get a work visa and my partner would get one through me as his job is stock management and not classed as skilled. Then my daughter and son in law would follow later when we were settled and use us as a stepping stone to build a new life for themselves, they also have a little boy aged 4. My 16 year old son would go on my application. None of us have a criminal record and all in good health. Obviously if there are easier options then I would be very happy to hear them :-)
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Then my daughter and son in law would follow later when we were settled and use us as a stepping stone to build a new life for themselves
I take it you mean thy would stay with you whilst setting themselves up?

Just in case and if not.
For others looking in.
The daughter and her family will need to apply under their own steam. Having a close family member in New Zealand is worth only 10 points.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes thats correct, but you see they wont go unless we go. Its important to have family around and prevent homesickness.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:48 pm
It is what it is Member

Apologies for my lack of information Simonsi I appreciate you are being as helpful as you can, basically the original idea was that I would hopefully get a work visa and my partner would get one through me as his job is stock management and not classed as skilled. Then my daughter and son in law would follow later when we were settled and use us as a stepping stone to build a new life for themselves, they also have a little boy aged 4. My 16 year old son would go on my application. None of us have a criminal record and all in good health. Obviously if there are easier options then I would be very happy to hear them :-)
Just FYI but you have to list all close family members on your application even if they are not applying under the same application - as I said INZ don't like surprises.

I'm at work now, I'll look at this later - it is more complicated then you intimated at first. In the meantime you could usefully disclose in one post:

Ages, qualifications and work experience of all 5 of you.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:52 pm
`

Back to basics.

Accountants - Management Accountants - AFAIK are not in shortage here in New Zealand.
Any employer wishing to engage an overseas person would need to prove to NZIS and the Dept of Labour that there is no resident or citizen that could take up that position or be trained for that position.
However, if the employer is an NZ immigration 'accredited' employer then that employer would be free to offer a position to someone overseas if the so wished.

Having checked the list there are some employers that are accredited . Please click here

If you are employed say by Ernst & Young for instance , then your best bet would be to explore the possibility of a transfer .

Your holy grail quest here is to find a good solid long term permanent job offer.
If you do , you would uplift a work visa depending on the status of the employer . Your husband would also apply for a work visa under the family stream. Your son , it would be a student visa for his schooling. He needs to be classed dependant.

You should also be having a conversation with the Institute if you have not already.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 8:07 pm
`

Motor Mechanic is indeed on the Immediate Shortage List.
This is a list to help employers get the employee they need.

Many mechanics that come over to NZ to work find the conditions and pay a bit rough going.

The issue with this occupation is going to be the rate of pay. New rules & criteria regarding what is actually deemed firt for a skilled migrant residency application have changed. It is now not enough to be fully qualified and fledged. One must also match an hourly rate.

Motor Mechanic is ANZCO skill level 3.

NZIS has this to say about rate of pay for this level.

Originally Posted by NIZS
Jobs at ANZSCO skill levels 1, 2 and 3 must be paid at or above $23.49 per hour, which equates to a salary of $48,859 per year based on a 40 hour week.
Fixed quote details.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 30th 2018 at 9:01 pm. Reason: edit put the wrong bit of the quote in.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 8:15 pm
`

To add:

A work to residence visa under the accredited talent employer scheme is a 2 year wait.
Nothing to stop you applying for residency earlier if you have the 160 points and over. You could use the SMC.

The other family - son/daughter - would need to wait until you are residents before applying however they could come earlier if one gains a job offer. They would be on temporary work/student visas.

The big caution here really is whether they would attain the requirements needed to apply for residency. I have some doubts because of the rate of pay in this occupation. Hold out for the right level of pay.

VTNZ are an NZIS accredited employer
doing WOFs ( MOTs) As previously written, accreditation is applied for by an employer to help them more easily gain the employees or turnover of employees they need.
This company is able to offer work to overseas people without going through hoops. Perhaps have a conversation about prospects.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 30th 2018 at 9:02 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

In reply to Bevs, Its like there are obstacles at every turn. My son in law earns £30,000 per year in the UK as a mechanic and if he thinks he would earn less where the cost of living is more expensive and where he would ultimately be worse off, not sure anyone would go for that deal, like you said he would need to hold out for a good hourly rate.
In reply to Simonsi, details are:-
Applicant 1 (me) Age 48 / Years experience in accounting 15 years/ qualifications, AAT Level 1-4 Diploma & Cima E1 & P1 Management Accounting. I also have Sage Computersied Accounting Level 1-2, IAB Payroll qualification level 2.
Applicant 2 (Partner) Age 51/ Years experience 16 years in Stock & warehouse Management/ NVQ Level 2&3 Business Improvement Techniques, B1 Licence electric counterbalance Truck 1450kgs, D1 Reach Truck 1050kgs, Aviation security certificate.
Applicant 3 (Son) Still at school current age 15
Applicant 4 (daughter 1 ) aged 25/8 Years experience in hairdressing salon/NVQ Level 2&3 diploma in hairdressing & NVQ level 2 in mens barbering, plus GCSE's from school
Applicant 4 (son-in-law) aged 29/10 years experience as mechanic/ NVQ level 1,2 & 3 Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship, MOT Tester certificate
Applicant 5 (grandson) age 4
Applicant 6 (daughter 2) Age 22 (currently no plans to move) Works in Real estate on Lettings & Sales, Btec level 3 diploma in Business & NVQ level 2 Business & Administration. Plus GCSE's from school.
Let me know if you need any further info. Thats the full family members mentioned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.